What state in the U. S. is the best for its music scene?

I want to move for College, starting next Spring, because I hate living in Iowa. I love music and I love local bands, and I sing myself, yet, there is no music here. What is a good state for this?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I had to pick an entire STATE, probably Tennessee. I've been there and there is always something music related going on.

Nashville is HUGE for Country music, as well as Southern Rock. Memphis is known for Blues and Hard Rock. Plus, there has been an emerged Hip-Hop scene in Memphis.

You can't go wrong with Tennessee here.

What Guys Said 2

• Tennessee because Nashville has:Country, pop, gospel, and Rock n roll root. Memphis is the land of the Delta Blues and the birthplace of Rock n Roll

• michigans got a long history of gibson and motown. grand rapids has an excellent underground metal scene going on.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends what style of music you're into. If you like country Nashville would be a better choice. If you're into weird alternative, Portland would be better. It all depends.

From a former music major, I would look into only minoring in music, major in something useful, and stay in state.

• California and new York