Is it illegal to take pictures?

Im taking art and my teacher told us to take lots of pictures for art reference, so if im only going to use it for art reason is it illegal? Or how can i ask the peopleif is ok that im taking pictures of them?

If is ok if i ask them before i take the pictures then? (Is only in public areas like park, zoo, ect)

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as it's not naked pictures, It will be ok. Don't worry about it !

Most Helpful Girl

• i would seriously not recommend doing this. so much ethics issues here.

our tutors tell us this too. we have a research project about children, however she said we can't take pics of them, interview them or even observe them unless we own them lol. this is all to avoid serious law breaches.

just use a secondary source like google or images of yourself if applicable.

• My art teacher wants all the work be 100% ours, we cabt use google

• i still dont think taking pictures of other people is ok. maybe u could take a photo of the setting and not the child itself?

this is a tough one but youd have to ask ur teacher what the best way of going about it is.

What Guys Said 2

• 0|0
  • Ask unless you want that camera shoved up your butthole. Stay away from daycare centres and playgrounds and outside girls bedrooms.

What Girls Said 2

• I believe it's legal to take pictures, as long as the people are in public and you're not profiting from the photos. I'm not positive, though.

• Taking pictures in a public area is not illegal. Displaying someones face is in marketing without their permission or to make money would be a legal issue. But there is no assumed privacy in a public area.