Type of music you dislike most?

bump!!!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a few genres that I dislike but there are only two that I really hate: Electro/House and Schlager. What bothers me about Electro/House "music" is that it's not actually music. It has very little to do with real music. It's just noise. A former teacher of mine once said "if you wanna listen to House music, you don't need to go to a club, you can just stand at the corner of a busy crossroad". I totally agree with this statement. I'm very, very much into music where you can tell as a listener that there's some real, actual talent and skills behind it. That's why I love singer-songwriter music for example. I want music where the artist or band actually composes their own songs and writes the lyrics themselves. Not just sing stuff that other people wrote for you like almost all pop divas do. Electro and House music is even worse than those pop divas though. At least they sing themselves. Electro/House is just electronic noise coming out of a computer. You don't need to know anything about music theory or how to play a guitar or a piano or a drum set in order to produce Electro music. You just need to know how to work a couple of computer programs. I can't respect this sort of music. I also think it sounds absolutely horrible (noise, not music). That's why I don't go to nightclubs.
    As for Schlager... I don't know if you know what that is. It's a very central/northern European thing. It's particularly popular in the German speaking countries. I hate it because it sounds super, super tacky. I enjoy American bluegrass and country music but I really hate our Schlager music. Here's an example of a typical Schlager song from my country Switzerland:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pakU8cMYZFc

What Girls Said 32

• I think it's a tie between country and rap. I also hate any kind of thrash metal, screamo, goth metal, stuff like that.

• yo yo yo yippie yo yippe yay

• I like jazz as well

• Do you like his music?

• Whatup with my Niqqa mist? I like everything except I can't grasp Heavy Metal, Jazz, or Classical. Other than those, I love R&B, Oldies, Rap, Country, Hip Hop, Blues, Rock, Pop, Indie, and Electronica

• 1) Metal Rock. It gives me headaches and it stresses me.
    2) Country Music comes in 2nd places but I gotta admit I heard some very good country music, but overall it;s not my cup of tea.
    3) Rap, but same as country sometimes I find some rap songs not bad.

• http://youtu.be/EnmGKxMJ3Ik

And frankly, I think people who like this must be a little retarded in terms of hearing😒

• Some mexican music, but the worst is reggaeton, not reggae, reggaeton, worst shit ever made.
    I dislike "rancheras" and "banda", but reggaeton is the worst.

I love all kinds of music usually.

• Manele all the way, who was the f***ing f*** who invented that?

• Rap is my most hated

• Literally everything else I like. Rock, pop, dance, metal, country, etc I like! I just don't like wrap. It's music ruined by people who can't sing.

• Screamo... onlyyyyy because it sometimes does hurt my ears...

• Anything that lacks a melody and/or the lyrics are shite, so usually hip hop, screamo, thrash metal and majority of mainstream pop.

• The kind of stuff that makes me sleepy

• There are usually songs I like in every genre, but dubstep seems irredeemable so far.

• Dubstep, hardcore and rap most of the time. I can almost always find some exceptions in genres but haven't found them yet with dubstep and hardcore.

• I do not really hate any kind of music, that's a strong word to use. I simple can't be able to listening those really heavy metal and screamo and you know that kind of songs more than one minute before going nuts. Thatreally heavy sound is not for me

• Stupid rap (like the stuff nowadays) and thrash metal. And trap (that EDM stuff but only that they call it trap and it's not the stuff I was thinking it was).

• Country!! And that Tokyo Pop...

• hip hop :/

• mother fucking country.

• Ever heard of goth music. I dont like rap either.

• rock music

• Rap and r&b... Even though I like some, it is the genres I hate the most of all..

• i hate garage, techno and rap to me all these are total crap

• I don't hate any at all. Music is well music, crazy music, senti music, soft music, hardcore music, country music, music, music, music, music... It is all about the music, on the other hand some lyrics do get on my nerve.

• Ugh I'm sorry but I really don't get into reggae. That's the only genre I can't stand.

• Probably techno or anything that's all screaming.

• I dislike country music the most.

• Rock , metal and country

• That would have to be country.

• Heavy metal

• There's very little country I like.

• Screamo and opera

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 42

• If there's such a thing as hell, they definitely play country music there. 😵🔫
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c4d3ff0431.jpg

• Modern rap because all I can hear is swearing.
    But I love 80s Hip-Hop.

• Stuff I like the least (in order from most disliked to less disliked)...
    1.) Rap / Hip hop
    2.) Country
    3.) Dubstep / Electronic

I can deal with country and electronic stuff, but I cannot stand rap at all. I don't feel the rhythm in it. I don't see the technical skill it takes to make it. And I swear a lot of them talk about the same thing (country also gets hurt by this characteristic).
    My neighbor would play rap late every day at my college dorm last year. Eventually I ended up just putting my bass guitar amp against the wall and would blast/play bass until he would stop.

If I sound bitter about this subject, I probably am. I blame my neighbor last year from all the crappy 2AM nights he left me with his stereo bass shaking the walls :/

• POP music most deffinatelly. There is no greater shit on this green Earth than pop.

Well ok, some songs may have a catchy tune but or some 'may' actually be good. But like 99,99% are crap from a cow's ass.

• I like all music crapy or not I find a reason to say its awesome. Now that we got out of the way tim for some irish musichttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kdCLeST3BvY

• show tunes, that shit gets stuck in your head and you can't get it out

• https://youtu.be/bW7Op86ox9g

Rap I hate rap with a burning passion.

• New 'rap'.
    Makes me wish old rap never saved me.

• JAZZ, Rap, Country, House, and Justin Bieber

I actually honestly hate Jazz, every note is just wrong.

• Country hands down

• Bluegrass (Country music's hillbilly relative) and "drill music" (think Chief Keef)

• Anything with Justin Bieber or 1 Direction in it. 😂

Nah, but I don't like Death Metal and Radio music. So I don't like anything you'd get on the radio. Just overplayed and boring in my opinion.

• Rap or Country, but I DO like some Rap. It just really depends...

• Country music.

• Reggaeton. Oh boy, how much I hate that genre.

• Probably heavy metal

• I'm not much into country.

• Nothing more annoying than your typical- 4x4 truck, blasting that annoying country music.

• Stuff with really deliberately violent or crass lyrics. In my experience, these songs tend to fall under hard rock, metal, and rap.

• Loud music

• There are good songs in every genre but if I had to choose it would be rap
    Good to bad song ratio is like 1:100

• Rap, heavy metal, most modern pop, screamo, and pretty much anything dark.
    I especially hate Russian rap. It makes my ears bleed (figuratively speaking).

• heavy metal

• I like good music.

• Bashment, indie and heavy metal

• Most pop music played on the radio

• I think any music can be good.

• I aree! I think its hard to write of an entire genre or type as "bad music"

• Im not a music snob ( saved myself a couple of downvotes)

• I don't hate geners I hate some songs and some artists ESPECIALLY Justin Bieber and 1D

• i can find at lest one song from each genre to listen to

• More from Guys
    12