How do you feel when a album leaks?

What do you feel about a album leaking? For those of you who don't know

Album leak: When a album is digitally released before the release date without the label and/or artist's consent.

How do you feel when a album leaks?

Travis Scott just got his album leaked. I don't think it will hurt his sales that much, but for some artists it could don't you think?

I mean if everybody has heard it online already they might not buy it. At the same time if they hear it and like it it may make them want to buy it when it drops offically.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, part of me really hopes that it doesn't affect album sales much at all (it's going to marginally, at the very least unfortunately)... but then if it's an album I've really been wanting for a long time, I typically cave and find a way to listen to it anyway lol.

Did it with Blink-182's "Neighborhoods" back in 2011... it was their first album in like 7 or 8 years after getting back together following their break-up. People were going MAD waiting for that album! I couldn't NOT listen to the leak... So then the album officially released, I still bought my copy, and rather than just share the songs with my brother, he bought another copy for himself, because he wanted to.

At the end of the day, a fan is still going to support the artists that they enjoy.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I don't really see it as a problem since I'm one of those people who listens to the songs on YouTube and buys the songs that he likes best, or the whole album if it's about the same price. It's silly for an artist to assume the public would buy their music without knowing if they'd even enjoy the music. That's why they release singles. I only think it's an issue if it's leaked for free download, and the loyal fans would refrain from buying it anyway.

• Yeah you gotta have some loyal fans.