Would you go to a concert alone?

So long story short a fairly popular American band is touring my side of the pond later this year in about two months time, I've been following them for around three years so I was quite stoked to hear it. However, I have not really any friends that are interested in the metal scene, nor really anybody I know in my city that likes the band. (They are popular, just not that mainstream).

I am considering going alone, though my social awkwardness doesn't help, tickets around £15 per person aren't too shabby though, I've only been to two festivals when friends invited me in my lifetime, both were kind of eh.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should go for it. I admire people who go places on their own. Sometimes people who have many friends have to attend places on their own, because their friends won't go or they promise to go but prove unreliable.

If you go alone then i am sure you'll get talking to people there , you may even make new friends due to having similar interests.

It'll alway be a great confidence boost too , and it'll help you to feel more comfortable around people. Therefore, you'll feel less sociably awkward 😊

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. Good luck xx 💛

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, whatever. I actually went to one by myself last year, sort of. It was actually this big fair they have every year in my area, and they have fairly big name (but usually older) musical acts perform each day. Last year Cuba Gooding Sr. & The Main Ingredient played (old 1970s R&B group, and actor Cuba Gooding Jr's father, obviously, haha) and I was stoked to see them, that's a genre I like a lot, plus these guys are all 70+, so not many more chances to see them. Anyway, my girlfriend doesn't listen to them so she stayed with her sister, and I went and smoked weed in a port-a-potty😂 then went to see the show. It was awesome! But anyway, in that kind of situation, it's just a bunch of people standing around jamming out, so whether you're alone or not is pretty irrelevant. Go for it👍

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. It's easier to get around if you go alone. No holding hands and shit to make sure you don't lose each other.

• I wouldn't go alone but that's because of safety concerns and I would probably get lost.

• Yeah go for it man

What Guys Said 6

• I do go to concerts alone! Good luck getting people to come to classical concerts! Even when I do see bands, I do see people standing by themselves. So it's not that unusual. But anyway, I'm probably going to see a few bands alone in the upcoming few months. Sure it can be awkward, but eh, in the grand scheme of things. Be brave, it'll make you more resilient!

• What band you seeing mengg?

I went to a show one time, by myself... The band was great, but I was still miserable lol.

• I'm the type of guy where I need to go with people or it will be really boring. Not only that but I went to the movies one time where I went with friends but I had to go sit by my self because there wasn't enough seats for all of us. I felt really weird, but with my friends I feel like I can joke around and not have lots of pressure on me.

• Yes I've gone to concerts alone many times. Often you meet up with some cool people there and they invite you to awesome after-parties.

• I'd feel too weird to go alone.

• I do everything alone.