Street Fighter Or Mortal Kombat?

Street Fighter Or Mortal Kombat?

• Street Fighter
  • Mortal Kombat

Most Helpful Girl

• Hands down, Mortal Kombat

Most Helpful Guy

• Used to competitively play both in tournaments.

Street Fighter has always been far more technical then Mortal Kombat (spacing, footsies, frame traps and block strings). But Mortal Kombat was usually for people who like more superficial and surface aspects to a game (gore, over the top action, etc), which honestly, nothing wrong with that at all.

That's not to say Mortal Kombat doesn't have a technical side to it, it sure did, but it just never reached to the level Street Fighter got in all the years I played in the competitive scene.

However, the MKX is actually pretty tight, they did a surprisingly large amount of revisions for it. It's definitely a technical contender now.

• Would you say that SF is more technical than Tekken?

• @UnknownXYZ

Hmmm, I would not.

There ARE some things that 2D brings to the table that 3D does not (cross up attacks come to mind), but ultimately, nah, I would say Tekken is more technical that Street Fighter.

Tekken has a high, mid, low guessing game, it also has just frame moves, left or right or both hand grab breaks, sidestepping game, hell, I could go on.

SF has some things Tekken does not, but all in all, I'd say Tekken takes the cake in terms of technicality.

The hardest fighting game, straight up that I've ever encountered, is straight up Virtua Fighter. That game is HILARIOUSLY technical. Like, comically so.

• Out all the 3D fighters mentioned here, Tekken is the only one I know well enough make comments on really. Maybe SoulCalibur but I remember playing Virtua Fighter 5 on the PS3 and boy that game is fucking hard. The learning curve is so steep.

What Girls Said 2

• Is this even a question? This is like asking Would you rather die or have air? Mortal Kombat is better than any other combat game out there.

• Mortal Kombat for the WIN!!! :) fighting!!

What Guys Said 8

• It's really interesting too see everyone pick MK so far, I like both a lot so it's close but I don't want To sound like a politician and straddle the fence so...

I will say Street Fighter 😎 not just to be different I like the Engine a little better, I own Mkx and love playing it but I'm looking forward to Sf 5

• I like both, each of these two games has their advantages.

• Tough choice cuz i gree up with SF but i also LUV mortal kombat combat system and the sound and effects

• I voted MK because I suck at Street Fighter.

• MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

• Mortal Kombat

• Street fighter all the way.

• Street Fighter I like for nostalgia more, but dude MK gets me hype. Like almost in a sexual way. I just love that so much. Street Fighter just doesn't have nearly the appeal MK does. Did you know they are coming out with some more movies? It will be much much more brutal and violent. The guy who is directing is the same guy who did the Saw movies.