Can I make it as an actor?

My dream has always been to be a professional actor. I want to do film acting. I've done a couple plays before. But I want to actually start getting serious about this and hopefully turn it into a career. I really want to be on disney or nick. But of course i'd start small first. I know a bunch of stars who were on a telivision show were also on shows when they were much younger so they were acting for a long time. But im already 13. But do you think I could make it if I tried really hard?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible as long as you dedicate yourself to it. Believe it or not, the biggest factor in becoming an actor isn't skill. Most people get jobs because of luck. Don't get me wrong, you still need skill, but that won't always get you the job. First thing you need to do is find your "type". That's the kind of character someone could see you playing. I've always been told that my type is the really mellow character that is the dude friend. I've also been told I could be the quiet guy that really committed the murder. You need to know this before looking for an agent. You have the right mindset to be an actor. People who do it expecting to become famous are always the ones that walk away defeated. It's the people who do it because they love to that will do better. You will face rejection, and a lot of it as an actress. Remember to never let your talent come into question. Actors are just story tellers, and you may not be the best to tell that story. If you love it, do it. That's why I majored in theatre. Just keep in mind that you shouldn't expect to make a full living off of it. Less than a fraction of a percent of actors can be financially stable doing just acting. Break a leg out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• The more experience you get the better! Casting directors will be impressed if you have lots of experience to write down on your resume!

What Guys Said 9

• If you truly want it, there's no reason why you shouldn't try. If you want to improve your chances (which are fairly high already thanks to your past experience), you should:

- Find local theaters and/or art centers and get involved in their drama clubs/classes.
    - Learn to sing or dance.
    - Major in Theater (double major or minor in Film too if you can)
    - Create a YouTube channel and/or Vine account and produce skits

Put in the work and you will reap the rewards :)

• Find local theater groups that do plays. You can get experience and have fun and if you're good talent agents frequent things like that to look for talented actresses and who knows they may be impressed at what you're doing.

• Yeah you've still got lots of time. Acting is a creative career, and they can be super competitive. So it's best to start out while you're still young. There is a website called Extras Only, and you can apply to be an extra in a movie or a filming project. That'll get you plenty of exposure to the filming industry if you are interested in being a film actor. Also there's plenty of opportunities all over the place to be a stage actor for live plays and broadway.

• Yeah you can be an actor but you will most likely have small jobs and be unemployed half of the time.

• I'm not gonna lie, cuz u want an honest opinion: It's a rather low chance for you to become an actor, in fact maybe slightly lower than 1%, but if it's your dream you will make it possible. I encourage you to follow your dream!

• Why 1%? Actors are needed all the time.

• Because there are always way more actors than there are parts. There are also a lot of factors going into finding an actor for the part. Sex, race, age, height, eye color, special skills, and pretty much an entire person's appearance and how they present themselves. You not only need to be able to play the part, but you have to look like the character they want.

• @theatreguy you can still take simple parts as an extra. Even I got the chance to play as an extra in a new war film which is still being filmed and I will work in some more scenes again. And I have nothing to do with acting.

• The daughter of someone I worked with went to college for acting and as far as I know she's still working as a waitress in a restaurant.

From what I know acting optimizes the maxim: it's better to be lucky than good.

• Not unless you get a sex change you could probably because a actresses but not a actor

• Yeah you can if you're really dedicated. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise :)

What Girls Said 8

• If you are persistent and have some sort of real talent you have a bugger shot at it.
    Since it's hard to make it in show-business no one can predict whether you can make it or not or if you will.
    Chances are very slim either way.

• I do not consider the entertainment industry a legitimate career choice.

• You never know

• you can make it!

• Of course you can do it! Good luck! Xxx

• Living in Cali is beneficial for sure. You should try doing as much theater as you can, and take acting classes to help develop your craft. Since you've had some commercial background work already, that's also good experience. I would get some professional head shots whenever you can, too. There's always hope and possibility, just keep trying!

• There is always a chance!

• Out of 100% of the people who want to be actors... 1% make it.