Is it just me or is nearly everything on TV crap anymore?

All the new shows seem to be written by grade schoolers, and shows that were once good, it seems, just stopped trying and throw any old crap on the air.

True I don't get to watch TV as much as I used to, but I turn it on once in a while, and it just sucks!

It seems like 99% of all current programing (that I have found anyway) is just horrible mindless dribble. Is it just me or what?

If there are some good ones, any suggestions?

• Yea its almost like they are trying to make it bad!
  • Yea, but there are some good ones (Suggestions?)
  • No, there are many good choices (Suggestions?)
  • No, we live in a golden age of television!
Just putting it out there I am on Netflix, and watching reruns, but even the best get stale after a while. Just looking for something new, and good.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you, even cartoons are destroyed. 😢

• I thought I was the only one with that thought... used to love cartoons, but now? These ugly, sensless images... I can't anymore😭

• I hope they won't destroy Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Totally Spies, etx. 😢

• @Asker, thanks for MHO. ^^

Most Helpful Guy

• I suggest everyone ditch TV because it's crap. Netflix is the future, join us.

• Yea but most things on Netflix were on tv at one point. I am on it but after a while even the best reruns get stale. Just trying to find something new and good.

What Girls Said 7

• I hate watching TV. Even the news is focused on ignorant topics. Like "OMG Kim Kardashion (or however the fuck you spell it) got more butt implants and Nicki Minaj called out Miley Cyrus at the VMAs". Like I really could not care less about famous people. If I am watching the news, I want to hear about shit that matters.
    Even the TV shows they have these days are completely ignorant. I find myself watching more cartoon than anything. And no, that has nothing to do with my young children. ;) Cartoons for days.

• I have not been Big on TV for a long time. However, in the last few months of having moved back to the Poconos in PA, I do watch the ID Channel, Investigative Discovery and once in a blue moon, a good true story on Lifetime movie station.
    I would say there isn't a lot so hot on the boob tube, but then again, it is anyone's choice to choose.
    Good luck. xx

• There is A LOT of garbage on TV these days for sure... I have no patience for "reality" TV.

There are some good shows out there, though. I'm a big Walking Dead fan, and the new companion show is pretty good so far. Mostly I just watch Netflix these days tho. There are some really great shows on it! Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is hilarious. Brooklyn Nine Nine is great. Lots more but I can't be bothered to think of them all haha

• Basic cable and satellite channels suck in terms of what kind of shows they broadcast. The good shows are either on Netflix or premium cable channels (like HBO or Showtime).

• I have Netflix. I watch all the reruns of good shoes on it.

Do you mean the original series? Anything good?

• i like dramas and some anime

• Well it depends on what network your watching.

• I don't know. I haven't watched tv in ages.

What Guys Said 10

• No, there are many shows that are great. I rarely watch the actual TV, just for sport's games, but I watch lots of shows online.
    Great shows right now are: Vikings, Game of Thrones, Hell on Wheels, Daredevil (it's on Netflix though), American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Black Sails, Homeland, Modern Family...

Obviously there's crappy TV shows and programs, but I don't think before it was better, the thing is that now there's way more channels, therefore more chances of finding a crappy show, but also more chances of finding a great one.

• Nope it's not just you lol, and you know the funny thing all the actual good shows like Firefly or Terra Nove they cancel it's like when something actually good pops up they cancel it and give us the crap we now call TV.

Screw all these new shows, the older ones and the classics are were it's at.

• Yea it's just you can only watch the reruns so many times though. Then you get bored, have a couple hours to yourself and think, I wonder what new is on? But it's all crap.

I remember when there were actually documentaries on discovery and history. Now they are just the blurred nude survival and hillbilly channels.

• Yeah it I hear ya, hmmm well the last ship tv series ain't bad you could try that.

• I guarantee you in forty years time people'll be prattling on about the "classics" of 2015 and how TV's declined since those glory days. That's just what people are like.

• Firstly, the title doesn't make sense. You can't use "Anymore" like that. Secondly, there are few good TV shows that are still of quality. I am not including cartoons because I am assuming you are not including those. Typically, I watch Game Shows such as The Price Is Right, Jeopardy, Let's Make a Deal and Wheel of Fortune. As for actual TV Shows, I cannot think of any.

• ha! Yes indeed! Its been years since I ''moved'' from the TV to the internet. More and more men do that along with older men, not just younglings.

• Internet connection and Netflix & Hulu; al you need.

Cable sucks

• Yea it's just you get tired of watching the reruns. Quagmires gigiddys loose their hilariousneess after you've seen the episode like 20 times.

Which is why I was trying to find something new.

What is chromecast? Is that like Google's answer to Netflix?

• ChromeCast is a $29 device from Google (http://www.google.com/chrome/devices/chromecast/) that lets you send anything from your PC/Phone/Tablet to your TV. Small dongle with an HDMI port on one end and USB on the other for power; so you can hide the whole device behind a flatscreen. So from my browser right now I could hit the ChromeCast button and it'll send the Audio & Video to the TV screen. Think YouTube; pull up a YouTube video on your phone then drag it over to you TV. Same with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, whatever; pull up the app on your phone find an episode you want then just stream it over to your TV. For the price it's a solid deal. A lot of TV stations have live feeds on their website so if you want to watch channels for free just pull up the webpage then drag it over to your TV. Or when my family is in town I can pull up the photos on my phone then ChromeCast the phone screen to the TV so everyone can see without being huddled around my phone.

Apple TV is the Apple alternative.

• I picked C when I meant to pick B. Sorry! D:

• I don't like any tv shows anymore other than the show awkward on MTV. Other than that I just watch old shows like the fresh prince or everybody loves Raymond

• Yah, after Lost, it sorta started dying.

• 95% always was crap, you just start to notice more when you are older.

What makes a work of art good is that it leads you just a bit, not so much as to confuse but enough to intrigue. Most writers just draw from an ancient bag of tricks, once you've seen them a few times it's like watching a magic show from backstage, where you can see how all the wonders are just simple illusions.