I have a 7" Android tablet for about 3 years, its aging so I'll get a replacement soon. I never owned a laptop and tablets 8" and under are easy to type on without a physical keyboard, and battery life is better than most laptops. So tablets suit my portable computing needs really well.
However I understand how some say "I have a laptop I don't need a tablet".
1) Do u have a tablet computer?
2) If yes, what model / size do u have and what do u use it for? If no, what about tablets turn u onto or off of buying them?
- I have a 6-7 inch tablet24% (5)25% (5)24% (10)Vote
- I have an 8-9 inch tablet29% (6)5% (1)17% (7)Vote
- I have a 10-11 inch tablet5% (1)10% (2)7% (3)Vote
- I have a 12 inch or larger tablet5% (1)5% (1)5% (2)Vote
- I don't have a tablet , and I would want to get a smaller sized one (less than 10 inches)14% (3)15% (3)15% (6)Vote
- I don't have a tablet, and I would want to get a larger sized one (10 inches or bigger)10% (2)10% (2)10% (4)Vote
- I dont have a tablet, and I dont want one13% (3)30% (6)22% (9)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
I don't have one but my mom has a 7 inch tablet and I really like it. When I got a job at the end of the year I want to buy myself one cause it's really convenient for book lovers like me. Kindles are so expensive here. Plus I like that I can use apps on tablets like Pinterest and stuff. However I probably want a tad bigger one. So maybe 8 inches or so :)1
Most Helpful Guy
Here's how I get by:
For travel purposes, I use a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series 2-in-1. It does almost everything my desktop at home does (an HP Pavilion p6540y). And does most things a lot faster than my desktop can, since the desktop, while well-maintained, is still an aging device and is slowly starting to show its age. If I can squeeze another four years of life out of the desktop before replacing it, that would be really good.
The laptop, I try to use sparingly, so it'll last me a long while. (And will hold me up when the desktop dies until I can get another one.)
I mostly use the laptop on travel for Facebook, MAA, wiki editing, and anything else I can't do with a tablet.
When all I wanna do is check the TVGuide listings, play a few games that don't require Flash Player, check my mail, or do other really simple tasks, I use a Kindle HDX 7" tablet.
I'm wishing I'd bought a Nook, as it's more powerful and can even run Firefox. But the Kindle does most of what I need it to do at bare minimum - including editing Word documents. And it's a good companion when shopping or running around town, as it's tolerated more than a clumsy laptop and even fits in my jacket pocket.0