Do you own a tablet computer? Are they worth buying in your opinion?

I have a 7" Android tablet for about 3 years, its aging so I'll get a replacement soon. I never owned a laptop and tablets 8" and under are easy to type on without a physical keyboard, and battery life is better than most laptops. So tablets suit my portable computing needs really well.

However I understand how some say "I have a laptop I don't need a tablet".

1) Do u have a tablet computer?
2) If yes, what model / size do u have and what do u use it for? If no, what about tablets turn u onto or off of buying them?

• I have a 6-7 inch tablet
  • I have an 8-9 inch tablet
  • I have a 10-11 inch tablet
  • I have a 12 inch or larger tablet
  • I don't have a tablet , and I would want to get a smaller sized one (less than 10 inches)
  • I don't have a tablet, and I would want to get a larger sized one (10 inches or bigger)
  • I dont have a tablet, and I dont want one

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have one but my mom has a 7 inch tablet and I really like it. When I got a job at the end of the year I want to buy myself one cause it's really convenient for book lovers like me. Kindles are so expensive here. Plus I like that I can use apps on tablets like Pinterest and stuff. However I probably want a tad bigger one. So maybe 8 inches or so :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's how I get by:

For travel purposes, I use a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series 2-in-1. It does almost everything my desktop at home does (an HP Pavilion p6540y). And does most things a lot faster than my desktop can, since the desktop, while well-maintained, is still an aging device and is slowly starting to show its age. If I can squeeze another four years of life out of the desktop before replacing it, that would be really good.

The laptop, I try to use sparingly, so it'll last me a long while. (And will hold me up when the desktop dies until I can get another one.)

I mostly use the laptop on travel for Facebook, MAA, wiki editing, and anything else I can't do with a tablet.

When all I wanna do is check the TVGuide listings, play a few games that don't require Flash Player, check my mail, or do other really simple tasks, I use a Kindle HDX 7" tablet.

I'm wishing I'd bought a Nook, as it's more powerful and can even run Firefox. But the Kindle does most of what I need it to do at bare minimum - including editing Word documents. And it's a good companion when shopping or running around town, as it's tolerated more than a clumsy laptop and even fits in my jacket pocket.

What Girls Said 16

• I have both a Laptop and a tablet. I got the laptop when I started school, it's about 5 years old, but I still love it very much! It's an HP Pavillion Dv7 laptop and is still running really well. It was expensive, but I needed it for school work. Plus at the time it made more sense to buy a laptop vs a tablet, tablets were still a new thing then.

I got the tablet last year when I got a new phone. They had a student deal, get the phone on the Silver plan and get a $100 gift for free. I got both the phone and the tablet for free which I thought was an amazing deal.

I love my tablet! Even though it's not a really great tablet, I would prefer a bigger one for watching videos. But it's a perfect size to pop in my purse to go places or to do my flyers at the checkout. I just love tablets!

If my laptop breaks, I may buy another one, not sure yet. The laptop that I have has more memory and better features all around, which makes sense because my tablet was just a cheap tablet.

I guess I never really thought about what I would do if I my laptop broke. I don't really need a laptop, though I enjoy typing on it much more than having to type on my tablet (it's an Alcatel Pop 7 tablet). My typing is hindered on the tablet, as I just find I have to keep correcting the words. Whereas with a laptop it's basically as fast as I can go!

• I own a laptop. Never had a tablet, nor do I ever intend on getting one.
    A laptop seems better suited to my needs in terms of writing reports (I can't imagine transitioning to a tablet-style keyboard to be too comfortable), GaG, downloading music/movies... I also have an iPhone, so if I ever want to play around on Candycrush or do those sorts of things, my phone is my little gadget.

It would seem silly to me to have an iPhone, laptop, in addition to a tablet. Three different mediums through which to essentially do the same thing?

• I have always used a Laptop, @Prof_Don but I am Now contemplating Getting one, perhaps the 10 inch to be Exact.
    I find this might be a bit handier and dandier and with GAG in my life all of the time, I need to Upgrade Myself and roll with the punches and that Includes replacing my clam phone for A... Smart phone as well.
    Good luck. xxx

• Those clam phones gets fantastic battery life, Paris! ;-)

• lol!! Mine still is going but still deciding whether or not I want another more Upgraded cell phone, @Prof_Don, but regardless of what, my laptop is what I will always use to be on with GAG with. lol:)) xxoo

• My mother has a tablet and she plays puzzles, matching, and colour matching games on her tablet for 20 - 40 hours a week. If you use your tablet ALL the time and enjoy computer games then it is a worthy thing to spend your money on. Otherwise you are better off with a lap top.

• I don't think I need one. Everything I want to do I can do on my cell phone or on my PC...
    I don't see the real need for a tablet at all.
    But maybe some people need it for something? I don't know what that could be that can't be solved with a cell phone or a notebook and a pen.

• I did have one but it was slow and barely worked. Then it eventually broke a couple of weeks after I got it. I can't remember the brand.

I don't have any need for one. I have my laptop which is great and I can also use my phone for apps too. I don't see the need for one. I don't like typing on tablets either. Much prefer a keyboard.

• I own a Nexus 7 and I love it <3

• I had one for a week. Accidentally broke it.

• I have gone threw 2 of them! Android it was I will get a new one but for now want to replace my phone!

• Did your other two break down somehow, or did you just decide to update?

• nope they were older models. I had problems with a cracked screen on the first tablet and the charging cord decided to break (cheap cord) and then for the second tablet the screen also cracked and also I couldnt make calls with it...

• I borrowed one for a while, but I wasn't really into it. I prefer a plain old notebook

• i bought a large tablet but never got around to using it

• Tablets are just a bigger phone so no.

• Ihave 12 inch tablet that i dont use often

• oops mine is a 9.4 inches tablet. if you have a laptop you dont need a tablet, tablet to me is more of travelling or for lighter usage.

• I would love to own one.

• I have a iPad and a asus laptop computer but I don't have a tablet computer

• Samsung galaxy tab 3

What Guys Said 13

• I have a smartphone, a tablet, a laptop, and a desktop. The majority of my work happens at my desktop (and why wouldn't it - I've got a great keyboard & mouse, and a huge, high-res screen, plus it's the fastest computer I have), and then my smartphone. But I do work in the field, so having a laptop with a keyboard is important.

I could get much of what I do on a laptop done on a tablet (but not everything - some apps are only available for Windows), but it would take much longer and be more difficult - lots of technical typing with numbers and punctuation that are annoying to type on a touchscreen. Plus I can type 90+ WPM on a real keyboard. For me, my tablet is my least used and useful "computer".

But my needs are not your needs, and if you can do what you need to do on a tablet, then there are obviously lots of advantages; size, weight, battery life, etc.

You have to honestly evaluate your needs and choose accordingly.

• I like tablets, I think they are a good compliment just around the house or whatever, easy to roll into a website really quickly and check out some information. However, I picked up a Microsoft surface a few months ago and haven't picked up my tablet since. Just as quick and easy, I can use it like a tablet if I want and it can do anything my asus zenbook does as well. So where I had two devices a few months ago, i'm only using one now cause it just does both very well. Still have room for a phablet though.

• I own a Fujitsu stylistic q702
    www1.pcmag.com/.../...1-fujitsu-stylistic-q702.jpg

4 GB Ram
    256 GB SSD
    Core i5 processor
    Intel HD 4000 graphics card
    x1 usb 3.0
    x3 usb 2.0
    Ethernet port
    Full HDMI port
    VGA port

It worked very well for everyday tasking and i also connect it to my TV and work it with Splash top on my phone to act as a remote.

https://youtu.be/LH0jrTtOjU8

• But i own 2 laptops which i also have a 15 inch touchscreen Vivobook which houses a core i7, Nvidia Geforce 740m, 2 TB hard Drive, 20GB SSD for fast boot up.

• I have little interest in a tablet. The lack of physical keyboard is the biggest thing that puts me off. A touchscreen never works quite as well, and if I have to buy a keyboard to go with it, I might as well buy a laptop.

The other thing is - unless it runs a proper OS (like the Surface Pros) it's a lot harder to do proper productive work on them. I've seen too many people with iPads who spend more time fighting with them or trying to get their work off them.

• This is the tablet I want to upgrade to:

shop.lenovo.com/.../

A 8 inch Windows tablet, can use a pen or pencil as a stylus, still comfortable to type on with a workable screen size for on the go computing, can get Bluestacks to get the Android apps I really miss. 8-)

• I have a Nexus 7 from 2013 which is 7" big. Would I buy a new one then I'd choose something bigger, but back then there were no good 9-10" tablets in that price range.

I use it mostly to take nothes at university or to surf the internet while watching TV

• Totally worth it.

• I have 19 inch desktop and 5.5 inch phone...
    If you replace ur tablet;I suggest you an economical samsung tablet version which has 9 or 10 inch... they r cheap and have a nice battery life...

• The tablet's for entertainment and email. It's not powerful enough for anything serious.

• Tablets definitely have limitations with hardware specs. The thing most people don't talk about, is that most ppl's computing use is low powered stuff.

Outside of e-documents, tablets do just the basics (like photo editor vs PhotoShop ). But they have their use.

• It depends on the hardware specs always. There are those tablets that house proper internal specs to keep up with the current laptops of today.

Ofcourse there are lower end windows tablet that uses a mobile processor like the baytrail z3760 but there are higher end tablets as well

Asus Trio, Lenovo Yoga, HP envy, Microsoft Surface all share pretty much the same specs.

• I don't because I think they are useless. It's just an over sized smartphone that doesn't do anything much different. The only one I like is the surface pro because it can actually be used as a laptop

• I'm fine with a phone and a computer. But I'd like a 7-8" tablet. If you need something, get an Nvidia Shield, it's fantastic.

• If I got another Android, the NVidia shield is definitely the one I would get!

• I am thinking about getting a new 2 in 1 tablet laptop, I want one on the larger size

• Because i have a simple lumia phone and desktop

• I got one yesterday for my birthday, I'm loving it. It's 7 inches