How do you feel about CGI in films?

I think it's cool if it's done right, though I'd prefer practical effects and animatronics. What do you think?

• I hate it.
  • It's better than practical effects and animatronics.
  • Not as good as practical effects and animatronics, but it's still awesome when it looks good.

Most Helpful Girl

• When it's done well. CGI has really come a long way and you have to admit, sometimes CGI rendering really makes a movie better. FF7:Advent Children is still one of my favorite movies ever. It was entirely CGI and it was BEAUTIFUL.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• When it comes to creatures interacting with humans, i always thought puppets looked better like in Labyrinth. Because even though it was obvious they were puppets, you can see the actors actually touch them and it felt real because they were there. Then with CGI animals, when they pet them or something you can kinda notice their hand hovering above and it ruins it for me

• i like it.

What Guys Said 1

• The CGI from Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park (they did use a lot of practical effects, too)... Those are awesome. Star Wars Episode 1 was an abomination. It looked awful compared to the original movies.

• "2001: A Space Odyssey" looks more realistic than most modern movies, and it was done with painstaking attention to detail back in the 1960s.