Do you ever listen to video game theme songs/soundtracks?

I'm listening to the GTA IV opening song right now. I have it on my iPod along with the opening song from TDU2 and a couple others from games.

I'm wondering if you ever listen to them regularly or even have them on your iPod/phone and basically treat them like any other song?

A song from GTAV has just come on haha.

515

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, someone else who played TDU2. What a missed opportunity that game was.

I have all of Skies of Arcadia's soundtrack in my playlist, as well as GTA2, GTA London, Ecco the Dolphin, Racing Aces, Sonic CD (North American version), NiGHTS: Into Dreams, Phantom Crash, and just recently I added the opening menu theme from LA Noire (which, along with said menu, is the only 'noir' thing about that game). They're all in my iTunes collection along with movie soundtracks.

I was just saying to a buddy of mine the other day that Rockstar has a habit of putting one godawful track into each of their in-game radio stations, so annoying that you can't risk listening to that station in case it comes on. Fuck The Makeup, Skip The Shower, for example, is so irritating that I can't listen to FlyLo FM, so I just made my own radio station in-game instead.

• I love TDU2. It has soooo much potential for a third game but it seems it'll stay as is and be forgotten *cries hard*.

• Ecco the Dolphin.. 😍
      I remember playing that on Megadrive, ever play Ristar and Shadow Dancer/Shinobi?

• @Hannah591 I played it and the first one to DEATH and back. Going for cruises in free drive mode with other players was so amazing. TDU2's big problem (among many) was that you couldn't easily repeat races in Singleplayer once you'd finished all the championships. Multiplayer was dominated by assholes in fully-tuned Veyron SSes and was boring, and the user-made races function only worked half the time. I think I ended up spending as much time playing poker in the casino as I did actually driving by the end. One surprise cocktail, coming up!

Anyway! You probably already know this, but Galbadia Hotel! Still awesome for game soundtracks.

@Alexious I have Revenge of Shinobi on the 5-in-1 disc for the Sega CD. The Ecco soundtrack I mentioned is from the CD version too. Never played Ristar.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

What Girls Said 4

• I really like the Dragon Age soundtracks. They're so relaxing, I like to listen to it before bed.

• OMG I LOVE GTA IV! :D and yes I do listen to video game songs :)

• All the time, lol, I thought I'm the only one :P

• i do sometimes.