Do you ever listen to video game theme songs/soundtracks?

I'm listening to the GTA IV opening song right now. I have it on my iPod along with the opening song from TDU2 and a couple others from games.

I'm wondering if you ever listen to them regularly or even have them on your iPod/phone and basically treat them like any other song?

A song from GTAV has just come on haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, someone else who played TDU2. What a missed opportunity that game was.

I have all of Skies of Arcadia's soundtrack in my playlist, as well as GTA2, GTA London, Ecco the Dolphin, Racing Aces, Sonic CD (North American version), NiGHTS: Into Dreams, Phantom Crash, and just recently I added the opening menu theme from LA Noire (which, along with said menu, is the only 'noir' thing about that game). They're all in my iTunes collection along with movie soundtracks.

I was just saying to a buddy of mine the other day that Rockstar has a habit of putting one godawful track into each of their in-game radio stations, so annoying that you can't risk listening to that station in case it comes on. Fuck The Makeup, Skip The Shower, for example, is so irritating that I can't listen to FlyLo FM, so I just made my own radio station in-game instead.

• I love TDU2. It has soooo much potential for a third game but it seems it'll stay as is and be forgotten *cries hard*.

• Ecco the Dolphin.. 😍
      I remember playing that on Megadrive, ever play Ristar and Shadow Dancer/Shinobi?

• @Hannah591 I played it and the first one to DEATH and back. Going for cruises in free drive mode with other players was so amazing. TDU2's big problem (among many) was that you couldn't easily repeat races in Singleplayer once you'd finished all the championships. Multiplayer was dominated by assholes in fully-tuned Veyron SSes and was boring, and the user-made races function only worked half the time. I think I ended up spending as much time playing poker in the casino as I did actually driving by the end. One surprise cocktail, coming up!

Anyway! You probably already know this, but Galbadia Hotel! Still awesome for game soundtracks.

@Alexious I have Revenge of Shinobi on the 5-in-1 disc for the Sega CD. The Ecco soundtrack I mentioned is from the CD version too. Never played Ristar.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• OH MY GOD YES!!! Especially to this - it's the best IMHO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyG6YMLEWus

But I also like Metal Gear Solid's theme song even though I have never played any of the games except the last one.
    www.youtube.com/watch

• Sure, when I was a kid I used to start up my Amiga and play Turrican 2 just to listen to this awesome tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLdBw_hg6dw

• you have just made my day friend Always great to meet another Amiga fan to think the Amiga's well over 25 years old now makes you feel really old haha but I recently restored one , but I use a gotek floppy emulator which a 64gb stick will hold pretty much every game released on it

• haha, awesome! Some really catchy tunes back then. Some weeks ago I got together with a few friends and played on the Amiga 500 and Commodore 64. Listening to the music makes us young again, haha!

• yeah I listened to some of the final fantasy soundtracks, its some good shit.

• Oh definitely! Kingdom Hearts II has some of the best symphonic music I ever heard for a video game!

For fun I'll blast the Super Smash Bros 4 soundtrack. :-P

• Kingdom Hearts is awesome, can't wait for the third to come out on Xbone.

• https://youtu.be/ka2yMEZ1kfI

Fuck yeah I do. I love Halo's Soundtrack.
    ODST was so under-rated. This soundtrack proves it alone.

• The Prince of Persia soundtracks. Amazing. Along with the command and conquer series

• Of course, some video games have great soundtrack, Final Fantasy, SoulCalibur, Mortal Kombat and many others...

• Yep.

I like soundtracks from the Breath of Fire, Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Smash bros, Xenoblade and Megaman games. There's a few more I'm missing too.

• defiantly Hannah a really good to listen to is the one from Lego city undercover wii u called falling to earth its really good , because its a timed mission it works incredibly well and the use of the word lego is fun its a game I still play just to listen to it again

www.youtube.com/watch

• sorry about the defiantly bit in my response autocorrects being stupid again

• oh add skyrims soundtrack that's pretty amazing aswell

• Haha Me Too, I could listen to it for hours!

Lego drome racers has some of the best rock/metal instrumental music tracks! at least in my opinion.
    ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HTVJD1MCL.jpg

• Chrono Cross had some of the best music in gaming.
    https://youtu.be/J46RY4PU8a8

• Yes. A ton of the songs on my playlist are from video games.

• hitman blood money song... i sleep to it.

• FIFA songs

What Girls Said 4

• OMG I LOVE GTA IV! :D and yes I do listen to video game songs :)

• I really like the Dragon Age soundtracks. They're so relaxing, I like to listen to it before bed.

• All the time, lol, I thought I'm the only one :P

• i do sometimes.