Why are people, particularly many women/girls, so obsessed with Beyonce? Like, people call her a queen and basically worship her. Why?

Honestly, I just don't get it. I have nothing against her, but she's just one among many decently talented pop singers. I love a couple of her older songs, but not much of her stuff really does it for me. I tried listening to a bunch of songs from her Beyone album and they were terrible.

Why do people worship her like she's the greatest thing that's ever existed?

Most Helpful Guy

• People like her singing she seems to live a clean/ drama free life so people like her

• That's fair. I definitely would prefer my nieces look up to her than many other pop stars, but the way a lot of fans worship her is kind of creepy. If I could choose any celeb for my nieces to look up to as a role model though it would be TSwift. She's just such a genuinely sweet person with good values.

• Yeah i agree :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not necessarily obsessed with Yoncé but I do admire her ambition, hard work, skill, and raw talent. Plus, she's made it so far that even AUTOCORRECT gets her name right! As someone who as studied music and been around over 300 kids/teenagers/young adults who play instruments and sing; I know for a fact that it is hard to execute those runs and hit those high notes with as much power and smoothness as she does. Sure it's real easy to sit back and criticize simply saying "She can't sing. The songs are terrible" but lets see you get on a stage of thousands and sing with half as much power and confidence. People can be trained for YEARS and never be able to cover the range of vocal notes and capabilities that she can. That's where MY appreciation for her comes from.

Other women probably appreciate Beyoncé because she's like a modern day Aphrodite. She's beautiful, takes care of her body, alluring, seductive, and doesn't give a f*ck what anyone let alone a man thinks about her embracing her sexuality. A lot of women probably dream of having 1/4 of her confidence and boldness. Being that confident and channeling intensity like that is not easy for a lot of women so they really admire her for that. Also, Beyoncé has this way of making any type of women feel proud and sexy, owning who she is and what she's made of.

• Empowering, uplifting songs that made women appreciate Beyoncé.
      'Me, Myself, and I' Great inspirational song for any woman with a broken heart.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inwp-xGHOlo

Women dream of possessing this level of sex appeal and confidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0xL3RH3JOo

A reflection of her vocal talent that makes me appreciate her career.
      'Ave` Maria'
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxfthPHTwc

'Speechless'
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5eVSOYVads

• I'm not saying anything bad about her. I'm just saying I don't understand the obsession.

• oh I know. Sorry for rambing lol I was quite beyond bored when I constructed this answer and feeling very chatty

What Guys Said 10

• Don't let Yeezy hear some white girl saying that...

• They have no life. People who care a lot about other people are morons. You only have one life, why waste a second of it thinjing about other people who no affect on you.

• You know what? I have no. fucking. idea. She's mediocre.

• because she manipulates her image so you know nothing about her as regular human being you only know beyonce the performer so she comes off as ethereal versus Kim Kardashian who at least initially embraced having everyone know everything about her. beyonce is probably the last of her kind since it's more common now for celebrities to tweet and Instagram their lives although since so many are getting into trouble for it we may go back to the mystery

• I am with you on this, never saw what all the fuss was about.

• Because she has a gigantic ass.

• Women obsess over the stars more than men do. I think she's hot, but I'd never worship anyone. I could care less about celebrities.

• Because Whitney is dead. I lost interest in her after Austin Powers 3. I mean she was great in that but she just didn't appeal to me after that for some reason.

• Influence of television, just that.

• They idolize her because she fits everything they desire, or most of what they desire.

What Girls Said 9

• Mainly because she is a great performer. She knows how to give a show. And she is sexy as hell. Even I see it :D

• I'm not a Beyoncé fan, but I understand how it's annoying. Is she an alright singer? Yes. Is she a fucking god? No. People need to stop acting like she is. There's better singers out there.

• No idea. Her fans are hella annoying. I was a huge Destiny's Child fan and I don't mind her music, but people hype her up. And her performances all seem the same.

• Not sure but I love her voice. Maybe they just love her voice too. But I agree with you about her last album. I wasn't digging it. Sasha fierce was her best album.

• I don't know why other people like her but I am going to GUESS that it is because she sings about issues that affect marriage minded woman like -chasing a man who won't commit to you, getting dumped when you wanted more, being misunderstood or objectified because of your gender.

• I don't worship her and I'm not all crazy about her, but she has some good music and she's FLAWLESS (physically)

• she has many flaws. looking like a man is one of them

• @dudeman You can get bad pictures even from the most "feminine celebrities" she has a very womanly body and a very feminine face, there isn't anything manly about her...

• her buffness is pretty manly

• Everyone has their own taste in music. If you don't like her songs, stop listen them.

• I have no problem with her, I just don't understand why people are soooo obsessed with her. Literally, people refer to her as a queen, a goddess, "flawless"...

• I'm not obsessed with Beyonce.

I do think she's beautiful, talented, independent, and great. She's representing independent women all over the world which I love. Most people hate on her because they have nothing better to do but hate on someone that doesn't even know they exist lmao. They know they never be with/like her so they hate which is common for haters

• Not hating on her, I just don't understand the cult-like obsession with her.

• Yeah no shit. Woman is fuckin gorgeous. There's not denying that.

• Exactly but I don't mind them saying that. It's the pics that prove how jealous they are, like chick that downvote me lol

• Her voice has no soul and she's built like a man.

www.electronicbeats.net/.../...erp-13602815150.jpg

www.dumpaday.com/.../...rbowl-pictures-muscles.jpg

She's far from feminine and desirable and only idiots idolize her.