Girls doing cosplay?

• Is it to sexify (new word, I know) a character?
  • Is it to pay tribute to a character?
  • Both?
  • Neither? If so, what is the reason?

Most Helpful Girl

• To pay tribute to the character, to have fun making the costume and dressing up. I love getting to dress up as some of my favorite characters. I've never thought of it as "sexifying" the character... some characters are made to look sexy to begin with, so maybe that's what you (and other men) assume women are trying to do when they cosplay. Cosplaying is a lot different from what people do at Halloween.

What Girls Said 6

• It's whatever the woman makes of it.

That being said, it's kinda hard to cosplay someone like Superwoman and not end up sexy to some people.

• To pay tribute to the chara. And because it's hella fun, hahah. My next cosplay will be Lara Croft, because I personally think she is an amazing character, well developed and because I can. (: I used to do theatre a few years back, so it's in my blood anyway, Lol.

My last was an anime character... hm. Yeah, cosplaying is awesome. And acting as well.

• i did a pool. it was defiantly not that sexy lol. though i did it so i could shout "i want you in me haru!" which is this guy from a swimming anime called free. i've never actually seen the anime, but the parody of it 50% off is so hilarious i had to do it! XD

• It depends on the cosplayer. Some people like to do fan service stuff, it depends on them. I personally do it for the tribute.

• I just do it for fun and to be sexy, not sure why so many women pretend they don't like dressing up sexy and getting attention as well as paying tribute to something they love, there's no harm in it.

• I cosplay sometimes just for fun. I am a theatre major.

What Guys Said 4

• I think C but it is 80% paying tribute and 20% sexifying.

• Most cosplay characters are sexifiyed already. Women love to dress up as them.

• Yes its sexy very very

• I like girls doing cosplay ;)