Does anyone agree Kanye is really gifted musically?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes he's incredibly talented both in his selection of beats which are fantastic and in his songs lyrics, he's come up with great albums that have heavily influenced the genre and he's always been about his art, not to mention he's admitted his own flaws before. Many people will call him out for his stupid, and it was stupid, act of going up there for taylor's award... but what they won't say, is that he has a history of giving up hs own awards when he believes someone else deserves it more then him.
    Now that being said, I truly think that though he is outspoken which is good, and his intents are solid, a lot of his hate comes because he's socially unaware, and honestly if you look at the way he acts, I think there is quite a good chance that he suffers from a social disability... but he has said intelligent things, even if what the media covers is his more idiotic moments... anyway back to his music...
    College drop out inspired an entire generation of producers and rappers, and 808 and heartbreak was just a work of art...
    Now if you don't like rap that's cool, and maybe you don't consider rapping as much an art as rock or whatever, but it's an artform no matter where on the totem pole you put it and he's contributed heavily to it, he is in fact musically talented, where among the greats he stands, who can say that's a matter of opinion, but he's definitely a talented man.

What Guys Said 8

• I actually don't even know what his voice sounds like and would not know if I was listening to a song of his. I keep hearing about him being a musician yet whenever any news of him comes up it's about some drama he started.

• well ha can´t sing and he´s an asshole. maybe he´s good at making beats, compositions or texts... i don´t know but to me he´s just a braging kid who does not realize that he´s mediocre.

• Kanye is something but he's not all that. But at least he's honest!

• no I do not

• nah he sucks

• He wrote and produced his first four albums all by himself. How is that not talent? And his first four albums are very good.

• He's an ass, and untalented

• he really is, it's just he's a dickhead so it negates it. listen to his graduation and college dropout albums.

What Girls Said 7

• I can't really say - since I don't listen to his music. But he must be... ad least in some respect.
    As a producer or something...

• Musically, he's a genius. Mentally, he's not all there. There are some screws loose. And he's a jerk.

• I'd rather listen to static.

• He is extremely talented musically. I agree.

• I think he has some good tracks, but his fashion is totally awful.

• terrible he sucks at everything

• When it comes to producing, yes.