What do you guys thing of the government catching fellow Australians with illegal downloading of shows and movies

• Stupid (they should pay more attention to actual villians)
  • I agree (because I own foxtel -.-)

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, yeah it's illegal, and yes it should be punishable but there are other things that the police need to be focusing on. If you were hiring more people for a new section that was completely devoted to online criminal activity then it might be a different story.

Most Helpful Girl

• They finally had their ass nailed but it won't be the end. If you know more about technology, there are ways to get around it without getting caught. :P

What Guys Said 4

• It's definitely stupid, music and film generate enough money and the artists and actors get paid too much money as it is, which is why people like Taylor Swift who complain about it can gtfo! haha

• I don't download movies/tv shows, I stream them now. I also sub to Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon prime. But, I still illegally download my music though. Lol if I like them enough, I'll see them in concert.

• I'm Aussie and downloading a tv episode right now :) (the last ship) I download at least 1 every night and so many people do it if they decide to take legal action they will basically have to arrest every Australian.

• Ridiculous... Don't they have any real crime to investigate? If anyone has learned anything from history, it's that consumers will gladly pay for content that's readily available. Right now, it's not... Different studios have different rules, some content isn't available for rent, etc. If the studios want to know what caused the piracy problem, they need to take a good look in the mirror.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's silly but I mean they do have a right to.. I just think it's one of those things that is pretty harmless for now, I don't know how much of a dent it's making in financial terms to the film and music industry but I definitely think they need to focus on the real crimes for now.. that being said I enjoy using popcorn time which is kinda like a free netflix and I'm downloading a few shows at the moment 😊

• Ugh stupid governments gonna govern...