Why "orange is the new black" turn into a big hit?

• Because it has a great story, and writing, editing, sound effects, video effects, etc were also great
  • Because it has hot lesbian porn in almost every episodes
  • Because both of the above
  • Because of some other things but none of the above

Most Helpful Girl

• Because Piper comes off as so tame, so privileged, she's white and straight, but then you see her past and the crazy shit she did and how she of all people ended up in jail.
    And that's how it is with all the characters. It gives you a new perspective.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I watch it and just skip past any lesbian porn-ish moments. I like the show for the plot line and the interesting concept. The porn-ish moments often detract away from it so I skip them.
    While it is a big hit, I have to admit though, the show gets kind of boring and crappy sometimes. It has some cool plot lines I want to follow but has some boring side plot lines that really take away from the show and make it meh.

So basically, it is my filler show-- the one I watch when I have no other shows I am watching at the time.

What Girls Said 5

• It's hot strong realistic female leads.

• I meant to choose C but I chose B. Oops.

• never heard of it

• It's well written, well acted and the story is intriguing.

• Lacking great competition

What Guys Said 7

• It kind of sucks to be honest

• because of marketing and telling people that it's a hit.

• bcz they advertise af

• i actually haven't seen it, worth the watch?

• Its acceptance of homosexuality

• Because every girl suddenly started crying through their vaginas over Ruby Rose.

• LMAO! The voting should tell you all you need to know. Of course the females will vote A and the guys would vote C. There's your answer right there. It's probably C because no female unless she's a lesbian herself would admit that there are lesbian porn scenes all in it.

• yeah bro i got screwed up lol