I'm going to ask Santa for a bow this year. I want to get into archery, what a unique hobby. If someone breaks into my home, I'm gonna go Katniss Everdeen on their ass.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• Do you want a traditional, recurve, or compound bow? Sounds like a fun hobby to get into! I like using them for target practice. :)

• Haha I've been into archery since I watched lord of the rings. I wanted to be like Legolas so I asked for a bow for Christmas. It's a lot of fun, you will not be dissapointed.

• Archery is really fun! It works a lot of muscles in your back, too. I haven't done it in a few years, but I did enjoy it.

What Guys Said 7

• Lol yeah I've shot a long bow and short bow they are difficult weapons to use, and you have to make sure the bow is fitted and made for whatever your dominant hand is and there are tons of different types to use, long bow, short bow, recurve, compound, traditional. Gotta make sure the arrows are well made and have good aerodynamics, that the bow string is tight and fitted, among things.

• 0|1
    • Lol thanks - yeah I'm really into archery. I don't recommend it for self-defense since you would need to keep it strung at all times and that's bad for the bow. Target shooting though...

And yes I could injure someone pretty badly if I wanted to (but I don't want to, God forbid). That said - still not best for home defense.

• Awesome - congrats! Yeah it was fun trying to convince a bunch of 15-year-old boys to follow someone (a girl - gasp) who had never shot before lol

• Well, once, but I missed.

• I've done it in high school and I LOVED it, it's so much fun!

• No but it's something I'm interested in doing :)

• I was thinking of doing it for my silver DofE. Let us know how it goes! :P

• Your silver what?

• It's a sort of achievement award, where you do a Physical, Volunteering and a Skill. There's a Bronze, Silver and Gold and I've finished my Bronze so I'm looking on to the next level. Archery could come under the physical or the skill so that's nice.
      Plus you get to meet the Duke of Edinburgh at the Gold Award presentation! :D

• Yeah I do archery. I did it 4 years ago and now I just got back into it this year

• I'm not into it yet, but I want to be eventually. I'd rather keep the toaster to protect my home though.