How to become a successful author?

I guess writing a timeless humane book would leave me in obscurity and i would be probably recognised much time after my death. it will currently be misunderstood and mocked or completely overlooked. but when a retarded book like the "secret" comes out (yeah its secret thats why so many millions know it (facepalm)) the societal masses go nuts. it triggers all their weakspots of idiotic appeal. (i shall not start a rant about this book cause i need another book to cover all its inconsistencies, stupidities, fallacies, and cheap tricks to exploit societal stupidity). so how can you balance it between the two? being societally accessible to the broad masses and convey some deep humane ideals at the same time?

best advice gets mho. are you a successful writer yourself?

Most Helpful Girl

• READING + WRITING + PERSISTENCE + TALENT = success

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not an author but I am writing things I intend to publish some day. The best way to get started is not publish you main work first, instead start with something smaller. A side project. That way you'll test your abilities and you'll get your name out there.

What Girls Said 1

• Never stop reading, never stop writing, and NEVER stop learning. Learn from other authors, pay attention to their habits.

What Guys Said 3

• Two step process :-

1. Become an author.
    2. Become successful.

Hence proved.

• Two options:

1. You are really good at writing.

2. You know how to lick other peoples asses and build up connections.

• i'm good. i hate ass licking and still lack in the connection part though. still the question was about the popularisation of certain concepts in the book, not just marketing strategies.

• you write a book