Do you think that Leonardo DiCaprio should have won an Oscar by now?

He's definitely in my top 5 actor's list. I feel like he's long overdue for an Oscar. I felt like he should've gotten one way back when he was in What's Eating Gilbert Grape with Johnny Depp. He was excellent in that movie.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 30

• Imagine he dies without ever winning an Oscar, then when a movie about his life is released, the actor playing as him gets an Oscar. :P

• In all seriousness though, he definitely should've gotten one by now. If not for the Gilbert Grape movie, or Titanic, or even Django Unchained, he should've definitely gotten one for The Wolf of Wall Street.

But no, instead Matthew fucking McConaughey got it instead and he was in the movie for only like 10 minutes.

• @MimTcgraw I would feel so insulted if I were Leo in that situation lmao

• Lol I could see that

• I voted no... I like leo and he has been good in a lot of things. He's been nominated twice (for Aviator and Blood Diamond) but rightfully lost out to Philip Seymour Hoffman for Capote (which he was fantastic in) and Forrest Whitaker in Last King of Scotland (which he was also amazing in)

I think Leo is a good actor who does great movies and sometimes he's great in them. but I do think he is slightly lacking on the scale of some of those contemporaries that have won the award

• Matthew Mcconaughey stole his oscar.

• Yes I do for either Titanic or Catch Me If You Can. Both good flix

• If they do ever come around to giving him an oscar, he should get like a dozen at once. If not more.

• vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Really, he hasn't? Well, that's a surprise. He is an amazing actor if I must say so myself.

• He's a great actor, but there have been many many people who had to get nominated several times to receive an oscar... AL Pacino got it in his eighth nomination, Martin Scorsese got it the sixth time he got nominated... Richard Burton had 7 nominations with no wins, Peter O Toole with 8 nom and no wins... in comparison to them Leo has been nominated only four times, I don't know what the hue and cry about him not winning an oscar is about...

• Because I feel that every time he was nominated, he was robbed. But I mean that's just me.

• Nah. He's one of those actors who I've always thought must have a really, really good agent, because the number of good / high profile movies he appears in, is totally disproportional to his actual talent level (think Keanu Reeves / Orlando Bloom).

• he's good

,,,,,,,,,

• The fact that people thought he was actually retarded in gilbert grape is a good indication that he should've wonnone

• Exactly. The first time I saw it I was like "that's the kid from growing pains, did something happen to him?"

• 1|0
  • Yes, He's done a lot of great performances from some of the sub-par ones I've seen win Oscars but again it's not about Performance it's about Popularity.

• I would've definitely given him Best Actor for Wolf of Wall Street. I genuinely thought he must have half a dozen by now. Maybe he doesn't suck up to the Academy enough.

• What? He didn't win an Oscar yet, I thought he would of at least won an Oscar for Titanic.

• I think it's about time the Oscars...

(Sunglasses)

... departed.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH!

• I didn't know he hasn't yet

• Wolf of Wall Street should have won some oscars! Fuck the Academy!

• Everyone on the internet thinks so

• I think they purposely refuse him an Oscar so that he keeps on trying to make good movies. Politics.

• Yeah. I think it's just a running joke by now. Dude is obviously tallented.

• catch me if you can and the aviator are two of the best movies i have ever seen

• Will Smith deserves several too.

• I'm pretty sure they just never give him one as a running gag at this point.

• DiCaprio no matter what he does will always be the original "Justin Beiber" of Actors.

• He hasn't won an Oscar yet? What the hell?

• Unfortunately not. I'm pretty sure the committee responsible for selecting the nominees and winners intentionally get his hopes up high because they think it's still funny.

• Nope, no Oscar for Leo.

• In the near future an actor plays dicaprio in a movie about his life an wins an Oscar for it.

• I looked up a list of popular actors who haven't won an oscar before responding. I think Leonardo Di Caprio is pretty comparable to others on the list (Joaquin Phoenix, Helena Bonham Carter, Gary Oldman, Johnny Depp, Sir Ian McKellen, Ralph Fiennes).

• I think they should give out two oscars for each category, so we'd be sure to celebrate all great actors and actresses and directors, etc.

• Can't believe Johnny doesn't have one either.

• Yes for Basketball Diaries and The Departed

• He was great in The Departed

• Ever seen What's eating Gilbert Grape though? haha just had to throw that one out there!
      Oh yeah can't forget about Gangs of New York with Daniel Day Lewis!

• What's Eating Gilbert Grape was an excellent movie

• no because it's really funny.

• He's only been nominated 4 times for one, and 3 of them were actually in the movie, the 4th was just a producer nominee.

So, he's mediocre at best. I was surprised to see he wasn't nominated for Titanic

What Girls Said 17

• I voted no. I hate to bring old Meyrl Streep up here, but as she is often nominated and a multiple winner of awards, there are moments in her films where the room is literally still and I am absolutely captivated by the screen or a moment where she connects with something or someone in her films. The actors I have truly felt were worthy of an Oscar, have those moments for me in their work and aren't one dimensional or typecast, but really take on meaty roles where they not only have to challenge themselves, or change in some way, or really invoke an emotion worthy of memory, but their work seeps into your very pores. Leo has done some powerful work. I remember him from all the way back when he did The Basketball Diaries where he absolutely became a kid junkie, but since then he's gone 80% of the way in his work, but not gotten back to that place where you go woah, this is it, man, this is everything right here, its all on the floor.

• I... don't really like her as an actress. To each their own tho.

• yeah, its all subjective which is why he'll probably eventually win or continue not to take home that Oscar. Never say never, but don't hold your breath.

• Lol not holding my breath. I just feel like he's been slightly slighted.

• I think he was amazing in Great Gatsby. Amazing movie, yet another stellar performance by Leo too. I was surprised by how overlooked as whole his role, and that movie as a whole got overlooked.

He'd definitely overdue for an Oscar. In more movie than one.

• I haven't seen that yet but I've read the book and I'm sure he was exceptional in it.

• ooh you should watch it! It's a great movie overall. Good casting, nice plot as I'm sure you know from the book which I also actually read with my book-club in rl, amazing soundtrack, etc..

• Yeah I read it in high school. It was one if the books I actually enjoyed reading. But I'm definitely going to rent it from amazon.

• He's a fucking amazing actor and I'm sure he'll get one eventually. I was kind of annoyed how many people were upset that he didn't get one for the Wolf of Wall Street though. He deserves an Oscar, but he deserves his first Oscar to be for a better movie than that.

• I agree with What's Eating Gilbert Grape, that was an amazing performance and really should have been recognized for it.
    But other than that particular role he's never really disappeared into a character. Like even physically he doesn't seem to put in as much effort as other actors do and he always looks like Leo in every movie. I just watched South Paw and wow, Jake Gyllenhaal was amazing in it. He changes physically for the parts he's in (Night Crawler was another really great performance and he looks totally different) but he also seems so honest in his depiction that every action seemed so real.
    I compare the two actors because it's the best way for me to explain it, i think that Leo lacks realness or depth in his portrayals.

• I disagree. I think he adapts to every role pretty well. But that's just my opinion.

• Yes. He's an amazing actor. Like, the hell? So many others that didn't deserve it have won and he hasn't. Just not fair.

• Yes... I thought he already did. o. O
    He isn't my favorite, but he could act when he was a little boy! I mean... it's an embarrassment he hasn't won yet.

• Oh my gosh I haaaaate that movie lol. But yes he's an amazing actor. One of my favorites. I loved him in Catch me if you can and Gangs of New York.

• I really don't get why he doesn't have one, he's such a great actor!

• i didn't know he was the Susan Lucci of the movies
    his work isn't bad
    maybe he'll win one when he's very old

• Definetly surprised about how he hasn't! One of my fave actors for sure

• Maybe if he stops smoking he'll get one.

• I believe so, he is a good actor who did amazing movies and outstanding performances... i say he deserved it.

• Yes, I thought he should have won one for The Aviator. And I liked him in Revolutionary Road but he got nominated for Blood Diamond that year, which I didn't really care for.

• yes,.. i like him too.. he is good..

• Yes he plays his characters so well

• I just saw a comment on YouTube that said, "What if Leonardo Dicaprio got a movie about not winning an Oscar and the actor who played dicaprio got an Oscar". That would be so cruel lol

• Lol that would be horrible

• But then we won't have gems like these...

http://i.imgur.com/2aXmQLw.jpg

Some are saying he might be up for it again with "The Revenant". So we will see! :)

• Lmao that's horrible. He always looks so awkward and sad

• Maybe that fuels his drive to really be the best actor he can be. I mean, his performances have been pretty good... but I do hope he gets at least one in his lifetime.

• Is it because he keeps dying in most of his movies? Lol
    In all seriousness though does it really matter if he gets an is car or not? He still gets movies and he's famous enough that all a novie has to do is marjet his name in a movid even if he is in thr movie for a short amount of time
    Seems like they only give Oscars to minorities these days

• I suppose Eddie Redmayne could be considered a minority.

• *oscar

• *movie has to do is market his name in a movid even if he is in the movie for a short amount of time