Do you think these "pro gaming leagues" are getting out of hand?

I'm a man of many things, I used to be an avid gamer around six years ago but sort of grew out of it, I still play games just really not as much as I used to.

I found these pro gaming leagues more in the news and it just seems odd, League of Legends for example or Counter Strike even Call of Duty to have all of this going on it just seems daft.

Perhaps it's just me growing old and knowing most online games these days are just 14 year old kids, I just don't see how something like that is considered a sport.

Most Helpful Girl

• To me they are more of a sport doing with mentally.

Though with league of legends you have to be really good to be a challenger. Plus the stress on the players are for real and in some of the countries if they fail. Then they are immediately kicked off the team and replaced with someone better. I do love watching bloopers during a LCS game. :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMStLb4x2os

Most Helpful Guy

• As an avid league of Legends player I can attest that the league of legends LCS league championship series is no joke. A very competitive high skill game. Unlike call of duty or other games kills aren't as important as objectives and team fights and the mechanics of some players is insane

What Girls Said 1

• Well... at the risk of sounding defensive, if the game employs skills similar to that of sports (e. g. teamplay, skill, strategy), then why not? Professional athletes are essentially entertainers, who just happen to have a very physically and mentally demanding job. A professional gamer certainly parallels that in the mental aspect.

What Guys Said 1

• Well if it takes skill and practice and they do it professionally, then it may as well be a sport, no? You are watching people match their skills against one another in a competition setting.