Does anybody actually 'like' mainstream songs (Rap / Pop / Trap) these days?

Well just a lot of modern popular songs these days are just trash, most of what I hear is genaric and overhyped, I really just don't 'get' the appeal of most of this.

Growing up I was kind of into a lot of mainstream stuff and liked Eminem for a good while in my teens though not much of a club person, but now I just don't see the appeal in really anything mainstream just seems to be the same old shit, I tend to stick to quite unknown artsits that do think outside the box.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some pop songs are kinda catchy or they are fun to listen to, but it's not something I enjoy listening to on a regular basis.. I dislike rap and rnb..

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like today's Rap. I like the beats, a few of them, but the lyrics are trash in 98% of the songs.
    I like Trap though, Flosstradamus is dope af.

• thats not trap. real trap music is the southern, Atlanta trap/rap. Thats real trap. Thats where the term came from and trap rap came BEFORE electronic trap. flosstradamus is NOT trap music. thats trash music

• @05candyman Well, we could argue that what today we consider Rap, is not really Rap. It's an insult to 2Pac, Biggie, Grandmaster Flash, NWA... to call Drake, little Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Iggy Azalea, Rick Ross, Chief Keef... that's not rap, but ignorants call it Rap.

• Raps been dead for over 10 years now. longer even. the opinion of ignorants should not matter. they're ignorant, pretty self explanatory

What Girls Said 5

• Uhm... majority of the stuff on the radio is crap. Some of it is good. And trap is not that electronicdubsteptechno mess, its a kind of rap... so... there's that.

• Eminem is everything to me.

• Yes!!! I love it. I love old stuff too, I love popular, unpopular, meaningful, meaningless. I love it all!!! 😆

• I do, when I don't listen to them regularly

• I like Trap music

What Guys Said 10

• I avoid mainstream like the plague. Except for Eminem. And some dance music but mainly because it just sounds good and has a nice beat.

• no, it sucks dick. i thought rap and pop was bad in the late 2000s/2010-2014... 2015 rap has gotten so fucking bad. look up "no words" by hopsin. it basically sums it up. and i like rap and trap. there are good rappers and shit, but i mainly just listen to house now or trap/house remixes on songs.

• Trap as in southern, Atlanta trap and NOT that fake, electronic bullshit. Yeh, trap is dope. young thug, future, skippa da flippa, migos, yrn lingo, rich homie quan, gucci mane, zuse. great music

• Only some of the mainstream songs are good

• Anything after 2010 I don't listen to because it's usually really bad.

• Hiphop and EDM aren't mainstream. Those genres are real music

• I do. Now what?

• Eminem is and was mainstream. Sure his music was "different" (shock rap), but it's still mainstream. I don't understand why people always like to go the hippie route. "Mainstreaming is for losers." I like the popular songs and the unpopular songs.

• Eminem isn't that good... Boosie Bad Azz - We Goin Show The World

• Some of it is okay; most of it is rubbish.