Do you believe Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys are considered pop legends nowdays?

I've seen in various articles they were being reffered as "pop legends"... although personally i disagree since they r too young for legends... a legend was supposed to be above 40-45 or so right?

• yes...
    50% (8)33% (3)44% (11)Vote
  • no...
    50% (8)67% (6)56% (14)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
8|7

Most Helpful Girl

• Britney Spears has sold too much and has too successful not to be considered a legend. If you like her music or or not you can't deny her success. She may not so as well these days but that happens to all pop stars eventually.

3|1
    0|0
    • wot about age-wise? do u believe someone who's 30 could be considered a legend?

• Show All
    • I don't think it matters how many years. Look at a band like Nirvana. They probably only had 4 years or so of fame before Kurt Cobain died. Yet they are considered as legends by most people because of the legacy they left behind.

Thanks for the MHO by the way

• indeed... although i'm not fan of nirvana (and grudge genre generally)... their career was short-lived but they had huge impact indeed...

Most Helpful Guy

• id say impact. doesn't matter about age. wacko jacko, whitney houston, elvis, were all legends long before they were old.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• They are famous pop artists - and were more famous before, but the title of a legend is more reserved for someone who made some sort of break through in music - in that genre.

www.neverwhatyouthink.com/.../PopArtistLegends.jpg

I guess if she's here some people do think of her as a legend...
    It's subjective I guess.

1|1
    0|0
  • Do I favorably consider them legends? No. But are they, in a sense, legends of pop? Yes. Those names will forever be associated with the music genre and the era in which they rose to fame. Whether you are a fan or not, they were once at the top of their game, and no one but those at their level will be remembered in such article lists.

1|1
    0|0
  • I love Britney, but I would think about her as the "pop princess".. a legend could be madonna and the amazing Michael Jackson, the backstreet boys are okay, but I wouldn't think about a boy band as a legend.

0|1
    0|0
    • but MJ pop? he was clearly R'n'B/Soul...

• Show All
    • if a white artist makes R'n'B music then he'd be marketed as "blue-eyed soul"...

• ha... fucking life

• They are pop legends, but they are no match for Michael Jackson and Madonna :)

0|2
    0|0
  • Britney spears has been in front of the camera for a couple decades now. Believe it or not! She may be young but she has had one heck of a career.

I don't think being a legend has anything to do with age.

0|0
    0|0
  • I said yes because I used to have a huge crush on Brian Littrell x) But to seriously answer your question, they were really influential on the late 90's and early 2000's music, so why not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Britney Spears a legend in her own mind.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Fuck no. Alice Cooper had his daughter play Brittany Spears and he kills her on stage. He said she represents everything his fans hate lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I think they are

0|1
    0|0
  • Not sure about legends but they did make a mark on music in their respective times

1|0
    0|0
  • Pop music is some disposable s***. It doesn't lend itself to legends in my opinion. That said, Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys are two of the most inconsequential artists in history

0|0
    0|0
  • In 20 years they will be forgotten. Such is the way of pop music.

0|0
    0|0
  • Michael Jackson.

0|0
    0|0