How important is music to you?

For me, music it is incredibly important; I don't think I would be who I am without my music.
I never go anywhere without having my library of music on my person.

Please feel free to list what kinds of music interest you most, as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Music is literally life! It's rather important to me.

The instruments I play sometimes depicts my mood too. Like for instance, I play the drums only when I'm mad. I play the cello whenever I'm sad, or really, whenever I'm bored because the music calms my soul, if that makes sense. I play the harmonica whenever I think of my grandpa - as he was the one that taught me how to play it.

Listening to music is equally as important to me as playing the instruments. I don't think I've ever went a day without music tho.

Most Helpful Guy

• Music is incredibly important to me.

When I'm feeling pretty sad, I'll play guitar or bass with sad chords on it. I'll write lyrics and new song content to turn my emotion into something. When I'm angry, I'll play drums and focus my rage on making the music and hitting beats out.
    I find that writing out the music and playing the music with emotions seemingly transfers the negative feelings into what I'm playing. It leaves me feeling much better after.

Listening to music is also a big part of my life though. For one thing, it helps me write more music by influencing my taste, and it also is something I find quite beautiful to hear. Haha it is kind of odd calling my genres of music (metalcore, rock, etc.) with a word like "beautiful..." but I find the harmonies and sounds fascinating. I have the utmost respect for the creative minds and abilities of talented musicians.

So yeah, music is important to me.

• Don't ever let anything cause that love to subside.
      Sounds like you have quite a passion there, keep honing your talent, and you never know.

• I don't think I'll ever stop playing music. I just keep learning more instruments and make more songs xD
      There are still things I can't play yet, so that means I still have goals!

• Good for you mate. Good luck with it.

What Girls Said 8

• How important it is to me? Music? Music means freaking EVERYTHING to me. I can't imagine my life or at least one day without listening to music.
    Music is life. No music = no life.
    Music is literally the solution to everything. There's no time or situation where I don't see music is the solution.
    I listen to all genres. Literally all genres. Depends on my mood and what I feel like listening to. See? Music. Is. Fucking. Life.

• I think i'd be insanely depressed if music were not in my life. The best part is going to a concert and connecting with people who just get why you love them so much, and when you can relate to the lyrics, or when a song sparks a memory it's pretty cool.

• I love music it has definitely influenced me for the better

• Do you listen to it as much as you can, or just whenever you have the fancy?

• You should learn to play

• I hope to in time, but right now I am focusing on my acting and writing. But I would definitely love to.

• Very important > for self expression and for just relaxing.

• I don't think I could live without music. I listen to music literally every single day.

• very important
    jazz
    salsa
    mambo
    tango
    modern country ( english)
    arabic music
    insturmental

• I love music so much!!! I get into another world when I listen to it haha

• Same here; music calms the mind and nurtures the soul.

• Indeed they do (except for perhaps modern day pop, lol).

• Gets me through anything

What Guys Said 5

• Music is incredibly important to me. I literally cannot go a day without music. I can always get in a good mood with laying some music.

Music can set a vibe. Take away the music in a movie and the movie will suck

I am also DJ and musician for a living so that makes it even more important for me.

I try to listen to a much different music as I can. R&B, House, Hip-Hop, Pop, Reggaeton, Salsa, Moombahton, Kpop, Jpop, Jazz, Classical and many more.

• That's a nice bunch of genres you have there. As for movies, there are certain soundtracks that I have absolutely loved and just had to buy; same goes for video games. They are half the experience, and I can't stand it whenever a production has simply produced some sort of very generic, very 'heard it before' kind of score.

• I wouldn't be able to date someone that doesn't like at least one genre of music that I like.

• I am music

• Music is what makes us human

• Music is my sport