Popular movies that are terribly overrated?

What are some movies you think get more attention than they deserve, hype fest pieces of crap which unexplainely bought in by the masses, My No. one was Avatar, though visually impressive it's story was no where near compelling and it exploded this 3d bullshit excuse to add more money to a movie ticket.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I Stay. It was corny as fuck, predictable and just horrible in general.

Most Helpful Guy

• Anything... and I mean anything... that involves "queasy-cam" or JJ Abrams.

What Girls Said 5

• I'd say almost all of them... but that's not true... A HUGE amount of them, though.
    One of them being Shutter Island. ... terrible.

• The Hunger Games and 50 shades of gray

• Singin in the rain, ET and Star Wars.

Avatar was brilliant but it completely ripped off Pocahantas.

• Twilight. Cannot stand that show

• Agreed, Avatar is totally overrated. Twilight, Mad Max: Fury Road and pretty much all movies with Johnny Depp are also terribly overrated.

• Avatar was damn amazing in imax 3D... nothing like it.. cmon now

What Guys Said 7

• Avatar. Great effects, but no story or character development worth a damn. When you really don't care who lives and dies then you've made a mistake.
    American Hustle. Great acting performances, but a really scattered and boring plot, which actually could have been good but they keep just trying to show off there super awesome cast without developing them.
    Avengers/Age of Ultron/Iron Man 2 and 3/Captain America/Thor (both). Boring and completely unoriginal and they literally just took the same script and changed some characters and added new battle sequences and called it a new movie. Only Winter Soldier and Guardians were actually decent films. Guardians was original and funny and had great plot develop and characters.
    Jurassic World. Great effects and a cool idea, but it failed, in my book as far as the actual plot. Its a great story idea and basically the dream for all of the Jurassic Park fans to actually have the park open, but they went down a dumb path with genetic engineering and training the raptors. It feel to deep into the plot that it became too unrealistic to track. And seriously, how the hell does 1993 Jurassic Park almost look BETTER than 2015 Jurassic World? Laziness. They aren't willing to use practical and special effects together anymore unless they have too, they save time and some money only using CGI to create images that look overly fake and take you completely out of the movie.

• Well since you already said mine I'll have to say harry potter. I really like the movies I just thonk that harry potter himself isn't a very likeable hero. He's ok but he's no luke Skywalker

• I agree about Avatar. Also Nymphomaniac. Complete trash.
    And also 50 shades of stupid, Notebook, Fast and Furious.

• The fast and furious movies. talk about played out

• I completely agree with what you said about Avatar and those types of movies.

• lord of the rings.

• Titanic... All those Oscars? Really? The Academy must have lowered their standards when I wasn't looking.

The Notebook... I'm convinced the rubbish I saw is not the same movie everyone else is talking about.