What's the best and the worst horror movie you had ever watched?

What's the best scary movie that made you very scared for awhile. And whats the most terrible horror movie that was so bad that you either laughed at it's stupidity or just gave up watching it. The best scary movie for me has to be Alien, even though its more on the science fiction movie side it's still scary to me, especially since I watched it when I was eight years old alone in the dark. The Decent also scared me a lot to. I might offend some people on here but the worst horror movie I watched was Insidious, I find that movie so laughably bad and downright stupid. I don't understand what's so scary about tiny tim music and darth maul rip off.

Most Helpful Guy

• Alien is an excellent choice. For me it's The Exorcist. The Others and The Woman in Black also had nice creepy atmosphere.

The worst horror movie is Blood Shack. IMDb has info that explains some of the weirdness, but it's still awful.

Most Helpful Girl

• I really enjoyed the Babadook, actually. I don't get scared that easily by horror movies but this one really got to me for some reason.

The worst one? Probably 'The Cabin in the Woods.' Found it really gimmicky and overdone. The concept was clever but the carrying out of it was just bad in my opinion.

What Guys Said 8

• the latest Evil Dead is so fucking good! with its fucking suspenseful and freaky music cutting in and out. and it makes me cringe watching that girl cut off her own skin like UGHH!!! HAHAA. fucking love it. it was damn good.

• I can't think od the best one but all the modern ones are really bad. Like that movie Unfriended about a haunted Skype call -_-

• The best and worst horror movie I've ever watched was Evil Dead (1981). :P It's really terrible, but also, totally fucking amazing! lol.

• There are several great horror movies, and even more worst, it's kinda hard to choose...

• i hate horror moveis, but in terms of bad movies, i think the room could be considered a horror movie.

• Very tough some of my favorite horror movies include You're Next, Living Dead At Manchester Morgue, Suspiria, zombie (1979), and Friday The 13th Part 3

• Worst horror movie though, probably a nightmare on elm street 2010, the remake. Very tough choice with the worst too lol.

• blair witch project prior to becoming popular. was only playing at small one off theaters to add to it's realism. scared the shit out of me and my girlfriend at the time.

• The Handjob Cabin!!

What Girls Said 7

• Haven't really watched any that made me scared.
    But you can check out Megan Is Missing - the movie is terrible, but the ending is disturbing because it looks so real.

The Conjuring is extremely fun to watch because it's interesting and well made.

I don't really know about the worst ones because I stop watching around 5 minutes in if it's terrible.

• I really enjoyed Haunting In Connecticut and I loved the Dawn Of The Dead reboot.

Worst horror movie I've seen is Blair Witch, SO much hype.. so much disappointment.

• The best horror movie I ever watched was when a bunch of guys go into the woods to film witch craft and they end up running the entire time with a black and white screen. its a pseudo documentary but completely fictional. I liked it cause it wasn't scary.

The worst movie I ever watched was the eye. It was so scary I could not finish watching the movie.

• Unfriended, It wasn't really scary (just a tad plus some) but i never watch horror so this is the worst I've watched

• Watch shutter (2004) it was so bad its good and I liked the show Harper's Island... what a sweet twist on both.

• Haven't watched horror movies in a long time. Haven't watched a lot of them either. Not exactly my favorite genre.

But i liked Orphan, Mama, Carrie, Saw 2, Cabin in the woods ( if it counts)

Worst i guess is ''Drag me to hell'' and i remember i though black sheep (2006) was very bad.

• Im a huge horror fan, although like 97% of all horror movies aren't even worth reading the title of.
    I honestly think the best horror movie I have seen was "Cannibal Holocaust" because actually makes you question it's authenticity. I think it is a very well done movie, especially when you think about when it was made. Definitely worth watching. I too will give some credit to "The exorcist" although I didn't find it a single bit scary, it's still a good movie.
    Some newer movies I need to mention are Sinister, Insidious 1+2, The Amityville Horror and The Haunting in Connecticut.

The worst absolute pieces of crap are movies are "Annabelle" (the conjuring 2 one might say) it was just crappy and cheap.
    Paranormal activity 5, seriously fuck that movie.
    Poltergeist (2015) it's like a horrible remake of the original horror movie, everything they could do to make it suck, they did, it's a disgrace.
    All the SAW movies basically, I mean the death scenes are cool enough, but the story is boring and not even worth it.

The absolute worst shit I've seen was this new one called "knock, knock" holy crap a horrible movie, it's an insult to everything ever. It's even got Keanu Reeves, but he can't act in it, almost like he knows the movie it absolutely ridiculous. It's not even just a bad movie, it's offensively awful.