How important is music in your day to day life? How important is it when it comes to finding a spouse who likes/dislikes music?

Most Helpful Guy

• I listen to music every day, and most of the time I have headphones with me, unless I'm driving my car cause I can use the speakers in there.
    I try to listen to a lot of new music and decide if I wanna keep songs/albums in my library, but its hard for me to just sit there and listen to it. Usually I end up doing something like going on GAG. While listening, but then I can't focus on the music.

I read a lot about the bands I like too.

As for my spouse, well... I can listen to lots of things without getting annoyed, besides country, trap, and rap (and probably some weird experimental genres). Everything else that I don't like is tolerable, but I just get bored by it.

But I could handle my spouse listening to it. I mean, I've had to deal with NONE of my friends listening to the majority of the music I listen to for about 7 years.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't go a day without music. Music is literally life. I listen to music for whatever the heck I'm doing - cooking, taking a shower, studying etc.

I'd say it's quite important to me. If he doesn't like music, he'd be annoyed if I play em 24/7, and I don't plug in earphones when I'm alone so.. I might sometimes do the same when with him too.

What Guys Said 4

• Music is one of the most important things in my life. I love listening, playing, leaning new instruments and new styles. I do this almost all day long!

I can't try to play in a different instrument without wanting to learn and study it afterwards. Like, I'm a keyboardist/pianist, but now I'm in a drums obsession. Some time ago I never gave a damn about drums and only wanted to play bass! It may look like indecision, but actually I think that I love all the instruments and, if I could I would study them all! XD

If a future girlfriend of mine disliked music in general, either she'll dump me or I'll dump her, because I just can't live without it. It would be an impossible relationship. The perfection would be with her being a musician, so I'll have not just a girlfriend/wife, but a jam partner too!

• Very important. If you dont like to listen to Bing Crosby we are going to have major relationship problems.

Lets just say, "Now is the hour" and "Moscow Nights" and "Edelweis" are a time filler in my daily performance in the shower, car, and house.

• I have to date someone who likes the same music as me, or at least I can see is capable of liking the same music as me if I introduced it to her... I go to a lot of shows and it's a large part of my life.

• I've noticed in most cases, if she likes the same music as me, she has a lot of other similar tastes and interests as well.

• LOL! it's my business (I teach, arrange, perform, mainly piano, but also guitar, and I know other instruments) and my girlfriend also plays the koto, guitar and piano. I estimate my hard drive has 1,000 CD's worth of music (all types), and I constantly write songs.

I cannot imagine who I would be as a person/my personality, if I didn't have the gift of musicality/talent.

I had a choice between this and being a Chemist, and I was also straight A in Accounting, but they were just not me.

What Girls Said 2

• I love love music! I can't live without it

• I listen to music like everyday