Amateur pictures, opinions?

I like to take pictures, but I've never taken any actual classes or anything. These are just starter pictures, but I'm planning on taking photography classes over the next few years. I like most of my own pictures honestly, but I wanted to see what other people had to say. I prefer no rude comments, but if you are going to be rude, please at least have the balls to post it with your name instead of anon. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome!

1.)
Amateur pictures, opinions?
2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

Opinions? Favorites?

• 1 was the best!
  • 2 was the best!
  • 3 was the best!
  • 4 was the best!
  • 5 was the best!
  • 6 was the best!
  • They're all shit.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow your pictures are great! I used to study photography and I'd say you could make variations, change and experiment with camera settings. Aperture, focal length etc.

But they're really good photos, but there's always room for improvement.
    Also look for camera angles that most people wouldn't think of.

Most Helpful Girl

• I like 2 the best. The others are pretty but don't stand out to me (I love the trees though and - NC? KY?)
    2 is actually sort of framed/composed. I have a friend who is a former NYT photographer and he told me that the focal point is in the left/top of the picture. Also, if these are on an iphone, tap the top of the darker part of a picture (when taking a sunset) to focus on the hills so you can see them better.

Suggestions? Try taking one *part* of the picture. I don't know how to describe it. I see things and I take the photo. Then I crop if needed.

What Guys Said 11

• They're all really amazing captures! 1 and 2 are just phenomenal though. So cheery and sunny is that first one. And pic two captured the angle of the water just right. With the defection of the clouds and he mountains.

Wow, color me impressed haha. Personally I can find some beauty in all of them. The each have something unique about em. The fireworks or the sun setting color captured into the clouds in pic 3. Well done mate:).

• I think 2 was the best

• the 1st 3 look reeky good. it looks like the lighting's off for the 4th. where is this? it looks like pennsylvania or kentucky.

• I like the first two. All of them look great but the I think darker pics would look better without the lens flare

• They're all beautiful and I wouldn't look twice if I were told they were professional!

• Thank you so much, that made me smile

• I'm fine with it, not like I have anything better to do! And I love to look back and see my pictures and get to think," Wow, now I get to see this every day."

• Well THAT'LL be a story!

• all were good, but number 5 looked like it was a cheap cellphone pic.

• 3 was my favorite bud

• Where is the option for "all is good". Really good nice photos.

• 3rd is best, 1 is second best. 2 5 6 is boring.

• It's a tie between number one and two, but I like number one better because of all the colors.

• Were some of these taken near Lock Haven, PA? It looks like they were.

What Girls Said 5

• They have potential but they're lacking something I can't put my finger on. Like the added pizzazz that most well-liked photographers manage to capture in their photos.

From firsthand experience, someone who is a natural at photography (myself) will always take better, more interesting photos than someone who goes to school for photography.

So please never go to school for it and work on finding your own place in the photography world if you're serious about it.

• People like to demean my work because I haven't had training. They like to assume I'm a little "hipster" holding my starbucks cup and listening to "organic" music and snapping pictures with my camera. That's how people have described me. I don't even drink starbucks :'(

• 1 and 2 are the best.

• u have good photographic potential =] those first 2 r nice!

the sunset ones could use a bit of practice, but I'm sure you'll be able to pinpoint the little things in time.

loved the last one =] not easy to capture actually. good job :)

• Alexis, here's a special note for you...
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    *whispers* You're gay.

• They're all beautiful. I like 2 and 6 the best, 5 is unique though.