Which Non-US sport would you like to see more popular in the US?

Definitely Rugby or Aussie rules football for me.

• Rugby
  • Aussie rules football
  • Handball
  • Cricket
  • Soccer/"football" (it's kinda popular, but not Brazil-popular)
  • Table tennis
  • Other
@timmy111 this question is for you bro!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Bro, have to go with what I grew up playing
    Aussie Rules football for the win !!!

What Girls Said 4

• i wanna see volleyball more! i barely ever see it =/

• Yeah totally! My uni had an abnormal interest in volleyball so I played it occasionally. Our men's team would win the national championship all the time, then again we didn't have a ton of competition too tho! haha

• :P
      OMG, when u get here we'll go :P we do that in summer all the time :) yes its amazinnggggg!

• Ok sweet, it's on my bucket list!!! :D

• Redneck sumo.

• I wouldn't mind seeing soccer seen in a more popular way

• soccer i guess

What Guys Said 14

• HAHAHAHA I like how you wrote it like "football" only to provoke us europeans! 😄 but in all honesty, we play the game with the foot at least. And with a Ball. Meanwhile you Play it with hands and an egg and call it football. The person who can give me a reasonable explanation for this gets 100 bucks.

• I didn't mean to provoke anyone. It's just weird to me, culturally to call it football.

• I know I know.. Im just curious why it makes sense to americans to call their sport football when its played with hands.

• I don't care, but I hope it's not soccer. I like soccer, I watch every Real Madrid game I can, but I HATE the culture behind it. Soccer fans are the worst fans in the world. It's not a sport, but a hate competition, at least that's how it's in Spain.

• For the first time in my life, I live by a MLS soccer team. I should go to a game and try to get into it.

• Well damn :|

@Asker I'm pretty sure we're more crazy about Twinkies than we are about sports lol

• Actually Americans are way more civilized when it comes to sports. The sports tend to be more violent like Football or Hockey, but there's less violence between the fans

• I would say rugby.

• I love rugby, I hate how obscure it is here.

• American Football is so dominant. It's hard to usurp any popularity from it. I'm typing this as I'm watching American Football by the way.

God I love Amer. Football lol.

• What people don't realize also is that the reason why American Football is popular is the gambling aspect of it. It's a huge industry for people to bet on American Football. Because Rugby is fast pace and has a lot of opportunity of scoring, it will be easy to gamble on it.

• Rugby is bloody awesome lol, hurts like hell tho if some fucker catches you wrong, tho it's getting a little more boring these days cause they are cracking down on a lot of tackles etc I suppose it's needed for health and safety and all but it is slowly killing the game

• I love how rugby players have a great equilibrium between speed, power, explosiveness, etc.
      Amer. Fball is much more specialized based on position.

• Yea there's a lot of balance needed, when I played k was a forward so I needed to do a ton of cardio to get me fit but I was lifting all the time to keep strength, u got to have good awareness of things around you too and take some big hits. Like if your in a ruck for instance and you are attacking so u are defending the ball then you get two or so massive bastards crashing into you can hurt if you put you head in the wrong place lol

• Really it's all the same more or less most of the sports are basically just a slightly different variation of one another, either with a different ball and the same rules or the same ball and different rules and equipment etc, etc, etc.

Also soccer and table tennis are popular in the US lol, played soccer on an official team all the way up until high school and played table tennis all through high school.

Ball sports and sports in general aren't really for me though anymore I prefer to practice different things now a days.

• Handball, by far. It's the best sport not covered in the USA.

• I've been into sports my whole life and just found out about it from Gag haha

• And that's the whole point. We Americans are too isolated and not aware of a lot of cool sports.
      1. Indoor (box) lacrosse - the national summer sport of Canada; it's the version of lacrosse developed in Canada to use hockey rinks in the summer. It is currently played in the National Lacrosse League, but you won't see that on ESPN, NBC, CBS, or Fox Sports.
      http://www.nll.com/view/nll
      2. Bandy - similar to ice hockey
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandy
      3. Cricket played the world over.
      4. Kabaddi in India
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_India#Kabaddi

Just because a sport is not sanctioned by ESPN or the networks doesn't mean that it's not worth covering. Give me less golf and tennis and "X-sports" (which were manufactured by ESPN to create something to broadcast) and give me real world-wide sports involving real team competition.

• World Rally Championship.

• Soccer, team handball

• as a football fan I'll take of course that

• A 6'6" footballer. Wow haha. Mad skills brother. You could consume the entire net as goalie right?

• stopped playing in a club a long time ago... when I wasn't this tall yet ;)
      I played centre back.

• I voted "Other" because my vote is for Cricket and Squash.

• Soccer is really popular by state, so... we already have that. And Rugby should be more popular

• Actual football, handegg is really boring to watch. Football is too though. All sports are boring to watch.

• Handball is played a lot in the states. It's been done even in movies.

I think Rugby, Aussie rules would just be confusing, as there is a minor overlap with American Football. Cricket is too damn confusing. I have tried to figure out how a game is played and won, and what the roles and rules are, and I just get a headache, and mind you, I'm an anglophile.

Soccer is played here now. My city has a professional team. There is always a lot of interest in World Cup news and the game itself in the States. But honestly the big-four rule (Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey) and it would be hard to knock any of them off their perches.

• Quidditch! Hufflepuff ftw