What are your top 10 martial arts movies?

Mine:
1. Enter the dragon

2. Ong Bak

3. The forbidden kingdom

4. the Raid

5.. The Protecter

6. The legend of drunken master

7. the raid 2

8. undisputed 2&3

9. Unleashed

10. Blood Sport

Most Helpful Girl

• Holy shit, I just realised that I remember next to NONE of the martial arts movies I've watched, and I'm Chinese. (*is properly ashamed of myself)

But I did enjoy Fearless and Ip Man very much. Would wuxia novels count?

• Yeah, i've never read any myself. But i did read the Romance of The three kingdoms novels, so i have read Chinese literature.

• Toshio Maeda will always be one of my favorite Japanese directors because of la blue girl, Urotsukidōji, and Demon Warrior Koji.

And he doesn't do anime, but i really love Takashi Miike for his wonderfully disturbing and crazy ass movies... Plus a ton more that either do live action or animation.

But, Miyazaki will always be special on a whole other level!

• Cripes, sorry about the late reply. Had a bad week then couldn't find this thread when I got back. Hope I didn't offend you.

So which series for FMA did you watch, the original or Brotherhood? I find I quite enjoyed both.

Miyazaki is always special! ^_^ Howl's Moving Castle was the first of his movies that I really loved. Another Ghibli film I'm anticipating watching would be Princess Mononoke. I'm afraid I haven't heard of Miike or Maeda, but if we're talking names that compel me to watch something Japanese (besides Miyazaki), it would be Gen Urobuchi and Studio Bones.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey have you seen the movie Fearless?

• Yeah i own that movie, one of the best about Master Huo Yuanjia.

Of course that was who Jackie Chan was olaying in drunken master lol

• Yeah it should have now that i think about it, and so should ninja assassin and ninja 1 and 2. Top 10 is just not big enough lol

• All the IP Man movies were good, and most people would have put at least one in their list. but i just had to put Blood Sport on there for sentimental reasons.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2