Does anyone else feel that people who say that old games are better can't get over their nostalgia?

Either that or they have hipster syndrome where they have to dislike whats cool because apparently being different is synonymous with being better

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean... a lot of old games are a lot better than many newer games, but there are also a lot of newer games that are very very good. There are old games that suck and new games that suck.

I think a lot of the negativity towards some newer games has to do with the corrupt state of game publishers and the things they do to squeeze every last penny out of their customers.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a lot of newer games that are way better, but that's to be expected honestly. The technology is so far advanced that modern video games have aspects to them that were literally impossible in a lot of older video games.

That said, some older video games are better than some newer video games. I think it largely depends on the video games being compared.

If you are referring to people who play exclusively old video games and disregard new ones b/c they claim "old video games are better" then I would say probably it's an elitist thing, mostly. So, really more hipster-ish like you suggested.
    However, there's a lot to be pissed off about with the current state of the AAA video game industry.

questions? comments?

• Nope agree with everything you said

• Definitely ezcited for fallout 4 in a week

• Yes! :D I've been a big fan of fallout since the original game, so I definitely hear you on that. lol.

What Girls Said 1

• I guess your right! I still love pokemon and mario!

• I've been playing pokemon since I was like 8

• Gotta say I've played all the pokemon games and I feel like they're all the same new and old but I still buy all the new ones

• no the ranger pokemon game are lame as hell! And I don't like when the game is so damn 3D like wth is this! hahah but thats just me! I like when I can be a pokemon player like mudkip! He so damn cute!

What Guys Said 2

• It really depends. To me it's this. Would you say you're a retro gamer? If yes, do you like Shovel Knight, Castle Crashers, and/or Yooka-Laylee. If yes, they're most likely just not into today's hot genres (FPS's, MOBA's, Sandbox, etc.). If no, (Unless further reasoning explains otherwise) they're probably hipsters. If they've never heard of any of them they're probably stuck in their nostalgia.

• need for speed most wanted (2005) is still better than any need for speed up to date