Are you disturbed by our generation?

Rihanas a topless trashy how who is classed as "sexy" Katy Perry, miley Cyrus, everyone !! And 12 year olds are already talking about sex!! It's so disturbing!! Everyones just gotten worse right? On Nickelodeon shows everyone just kisses everyone!! It seems like the most innocent entertainment is that or something..
Why is everyone just allowing such rebellion to evolve? Kids should be playing with marbles, and playing hide and go seek... teenagers should be taught to not hook up.. not learning how to use condoms... has everyone lost their minds or dignity?

I mean teens should be taught not to hook up, by their parents

Most Helpful Guy

• There is good and bad in every thing. from this 'old mans' perspective:

Good- The evolution of understanding in regards to issues such as depression, anxiety, bullying etc etc. As well as the world being so accessible for all through the Net

Bad- The breakdown of traditional communication. People these days are so savvy with their trendy gadgets but are clueless when faced with an eyeball to eyeball conversation. Also with the Net it has perpetuated a 'fantasy age' where too many find escapism in it and as a result lose touch with reality. Classic example the 'porn epidemic'

• That's why I love older folks they appreciate the face to face contact and conversation.

Most Helpful Girl

• First for the stars exposing their body parts, I don t have anything against it. Body shaming I am against. What I don t like is the fake idea of perfection they present.
    Now as to be informed I guess it s much better.
    But the problem in current society is that kids are being exposed to this knowledge but parents aren t acting up about it. By that I mean, kids might and ados might interpret things wrong, which leads to the problems we have nowadays.
    So parents should discuss and be open about those things from the beginninh to guide those kids and to teach them how deal with this knkwledge correctly.

What Guys Said 19

• Well not really.
    I'd like to think that when people are more in tune with their primal desires , acknowledge them , not necessarily act on them but the act of acknowledging them and understanding them is probably healthier in the long run.

We all know how well abstinence works lol.
    quotesjunk.com/.../...even-work-in-fairy-tales.jpg

• Nothings changed. We talked about sex at 12. We talked about condoms and the benefits of condoms, AIDS was a big scare in the early and mid 90's. We stopped pretending that teens don't have sex and thought it a better idea to minimize the negative side effects of unprotected sex. We had Madonna getting all sorts of freaky.
    There's nothing new under the sun.

• What's new? Teens having sex, no. People used to get married in their teens. Oh and a lot were pregnant during there wedding.
      Imagines of sex? No. Phallic symbols abound throughout time.
      Homosexuality? Look up ancient Greece and the Roman empire.
      Violence? The Holocaust, the genocide of native Americans, whipping of slaves, etc. etc. etc.
      Rape? It's been a spoil of war since the dawn of time.
      There is nothing new under the sun.

• Very, very disturbed by our generation.

• I think the break down of the family unit is more concerning.

• Well I sort of agree with you yep. For me a clip can ruin a beautiful song

• It is truly awesome to see this coming from a person your age. Can you imagine how WE feel who are going through the challenge of bringing up kids who are teeneagers in this age?

• Could you imagine how your parents felt bringing you up in your age? Let's see, you had the birth of heavy metal and the lifestyle it portrayed. Men wearing makeup. Debbie does Dallas. A changing attitude about pot. Madonna humping the stage to "Like a virgin".

• by the way I got access to internet at 27. *wink*. These views will always be relative to which era you are from.

• Thankz, @HaveNoName ... I do have to admit that I am very wise for my age

• Very disturbing... I'm worried for my future sons and daughters

• Teaching teenagers safe sex is something we SHOULD do, but i do sometimes despair with this generation (makes me feel so old when i say that) i'm 23 and it feels like a millinena ago when the best toy you could get as a kid was a Tamikochi or a Gameboy

• Like living in the last days of Rome. . .

• I do think about these things ( that you have mentioned) at times but I don't get disturbed as such.

• Kids should NOT be playing with marbles.. They're a choking hazard :p

• No, everyone is just loosening up, realizing how uptight we used to be and how everything was in boxes. Most (like me) have gotten sick of it. While I agree kids should be playing hide & seek, teens should be taught how to use a condom. Who is gonna teach them that sh*t when they're 27 and married? Or even yet, when they're young and reckless in college?

• This is called Juvenoia. Basically, every generation thinks that they are the best generation. They think they are smarter than the last one and wiser than the next one.

• Mostly not disturbing... but shocking and amusing, facepalm material everywhere.

• Yeah I kind of am tbh

• I don't particularly care.

• Yeah because when you tell a teenager not to hook up, they listen.

• Blame left wing liberalism

• they have lost their innocence i can't relate to them when I was their age

What Girls Said 8

• I think Rihanna is a good role model. She's come out a physically abusive relationship alive, fought for her money, immigrated and succeeded in a new country, and knows herself. That's more than I can say I've done for myself.

I would much rather look at women like Rihanna, Miley, and Amber Rose who fight for themselves and others and hold them up than look at *liars* and *systematic abusers* like the Duggars who build on the suffering of others.

• incredibly.
    .
    .

• Kissing... yeah not a big deal. I don't think people should be so concerned about the media. If you're a proper parent you'll teach your children the difference between right and wrong instead of ignoring them and relying on the media to tell them what's appropriate.

Also teens definitely should know how to use condoms because, like it or not, teens will still have sex. Better to teach them about SAFE sex then let them go into blind, knocking people up and passing around diseases.

• This is the worst generation. A 12 year old came up to me and asked me if I smashed yet (had relations) then he said "I'm not trying to be racist but my daddy told me white girls love c*ck."

• i agree!!! our generation is just ridiculous things just went completely downhill. and not only is everything about sex, having a lot of surgery is attractive (like whyyy is kim kardashian and her whole talentless family so famous? for their fake bodies and complete face transformations) and its so rare to meet someone who actually has some morals.

• Right, because teenagers having sex is a *new* thing.

Yawn.

• I'm not even beginning to explain how wrong you are. Just gonna say this:

The state/religion ALWAYS tried to control people's desires. And people suffered -burned on stakes, hanged, tortured- for nothing. Sex is normal. Sex is natural. I'm not happy with this millenial hook-up culture, it makes sex look meaningless, but I'm not happy with your Puritan attitude either.

• Yes very much so.