I like both Marvel and DC comics.

My problem is that DC comics always seems to copy successful characters from the Marvel Universe, with the exception of DC's core heroes; Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and Aquaman.

Also, so many of DC's heroes are lame and nothing more than cardboard cutouts!

Marvel: Mr Fantastic
DC: Plastic Man, Elongated Man

DC also has way too many heroes, "just to make sure no one is left out":

Zhan and Janna the wonder duds, Super Samarai, Apache Chief, The Question, Blaaaaackkkkk Vulcan, Super "cowboy"...

• Marvel has better heroes.
  • DC has better heroes.
  • I don't read comic books.
  • Other... please comment/give feedback
... oh.. and i forgot the suckeist DC hero ever... Booster Gold!

DC does have some serious villans: Joker (mark hamill is the best voice), Mr Freeze (michael ansara as the voice was killer), Riddler, Darkseid, Clayface, Penguin, Bizzaro, and dont forget Lex Luther (clancy brown as the voice always gives me the chills!)

Most Helpful Guy

• I like both but DC has THE icons of superheroes.

Nowadays Marvel has been so popular because of their live-action movies (and the famous actors playing the roles). but if you compare marvel animated movies to DC animated movies, the marvel ones look like rat poop. I mean, flashpoint paradox was terrible and son of batman was a bit eh (mainly because of how they did deathstroke), but still Crisis on two Earths, Under the Red Hood, Justice League Doom Miles better than any Marvel animated product.

So I'll have to vote DC on this one.

• AND ANOTHER THING!!
      Marvel has far fewer memorable heroes than DC. Everyone and their dog knows about the joker, how many people know who Thanos (a terrible copy of Darkseid) is? Like I said, its just the movies and actors that are giving marvel its hype right now, otherwise DC is the real king of comics.

Most Helpful Girl

• to me, DC has better stand alone superheros. and Marvel has better group superheros that do okay by themselves. with the few exceptions like spider man, deadpool, and iron man. but without a doubt, DC has THE BEST villains thanks to Batman. no hero ever can beat batmans rouges gallery. In my opinion anyway. except the new 52. They completely ruined Harley Quinn. when she was born in the animated series, She had class, was fun, crazy and just awesome. now thanks to the comics, they turned her into common villain slut with stripper clothes number 122. I miss the old Harley. I think its great that they moved her away from the joker. (even though I still love them together) But they just went in the wrong direction with her.

What Guys Said 16

• The Question is actually a really good comic (The 80s ones anyway) and marvel copied him with "The Answer" a really blatant rip off. Captain Marvel was originally a marvel character who was a blatant rip off of superman, DC sued and gained the rights to the character. Justice league predates the marvel equivalent of the avengers. So basicly both parties have ripped off of eachother so many times its ridiculous. I think both have their strengths and weaknesses. I think DC does better with story cohesion, while marvel is kind of all over the place (DC plannes out their story lines a year in advance, Marvel doesn't) When DC kills a character that character remains dead for at least ten years before being brought back making it a much bigger deal vs. marvel killing a character off and then bringing them back two issues later. That said Marvel does tend to be more "adult" in that its not as afraid to have heroes killing villains (Seriously batmans should have killed the joker by now, in fact every one in gotham should have killed him by now the moment he whent into custody a cop could have "accidentaly" shot him and the entire city would have just excepted it as a "accident" at this point. In fact almost his entire rogue gallery should have "accidentaly" been killed.) In short I think both are filled to overflow with crap but at the same time when you find something good they are fantastic. DC's identity crisis was insane, very good comic. The original "The Question" is great (its very philosophical so its not for every one but if your into that its mind blowing) Marvel of course has spider man (my favorite) I really don't need to point out how awesome he is. So I would say both are good and terrible in their own way. Though I think their are third party comics that are actually really good as well (Irrideemable is one) so yeah, take the good with the bad regardless of which side your on.

• Marvel may have more heros but DC has stronger hero's superman alone in his most powerful state could beat all the hero's on both sides. But I think it just comes down to who you associate yourself with the most and who you like the most, me I like both comics but I will always love superman the most, gotta represent Kansas after all.

• Superman couldn't beat Hulk in a straight up brawl. He's also week to magic, so Dr Strange and Thor could both beat him silly.

• Look, if you wanna get pedantic about hyperpowered incarnations, I'm just gonna throw out a few things... Phoenix, Sentry, Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet, Franklin Richards.

Supes is a beast, but there are plenty of Marvel characters who could match or beat him.

• @Dandeus Not very many, but don't take our discussion to seriously, it's all fun and games after all though If I'm not mistaken we should see Thanos here pretty quick in one of the next avengers movies.

• If they fought DC would win hands down.

I like the superheroes of Marvel better but I like the stories and world of DC better.

• They are vote really good. DC vertigo is untouchable. Preacher and y the last man are a one of the best comics ever written but it really all depends on on what writers they have at the time. I personally like image the best because the comics are created owned. All the best writers from dc and marvel end up at image. Read saga and invincible. My 2 favorite titles atm.

• I like both Marvel and DC equally

• Grew up on Marvel comics checking in 😎😎😎

• Marvel has a lot more good heroes, but DC has the single best hero and villain in comic history (batman and joker).

• I prefer DC heroes, because of Batman and Flash

• I love Marvel, because the heroes seem to have a more human side than DC.

However, DC tv shows of recent are pretty fun to watch. The Flash is my favorite

• Oh come on man! I love both of em' I can't choose? You really should've put in a 4th option lol :D.

• marvel solely because wolverine is the best superhero ever.

• DC PURELY because of batman, marvel because of everything else

• Marvel and Batman!

• back when i collected comics... it was marvel.. until IMAGE came out n sucked us all in.

• I like DC top line folks, superman and batman, but I like marvels other people.

• Make mine marvel!

I really love Batman though.

What Girls Said 3