Do you watch Sports on tv and why? what is so fun about it?

I just don't understand it and need someone to explain why it's fun? I have went to a few games like the Red Sox and a few other ones. I loved it in person and cheering. But on tv any kind of Sport I just can't get into it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate sports

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I need to be at the actual event to enjoy it.

What Guys Said 15

• "The fahkin' Red Sawx, ked!"🙌 Goddammit, that makes me homesick, haha.

Sports on TV are cool, but you have to be into the sport. There's definitely a different atmosphere about going to a game, but if you actually love the game, you don't want to miss it on TV. I love football, so I can watch literally any game --pro, college, high school, whatever-- and be totally into it. I'm only emotionally invested if my favorite team is playing, but I'm fascinated by the strategy and individual match ups and battles that occur on every play, so I'm watching every game with a football nerd's eye. I'm actually not watching any NFL games this year except for the Patriots because the NFL tried to do our lord and savior Tom Brady SO fucking dirty this past offseason, so I don't want to contribute to any ratings or money or whatever (not that it will affect them, but I just can't in good conscience support this league), but that's another story, don't get me started, haha. But yeah, I sport that I'm less fascinated by, like basketball, I'll watch Celtics games because I care, but I'd have a tough time staying focused on some random mid-season game between Memphis and Sacramento or something. Just depends how much you love a certain sport, really.

• well in person it's definitely easier to get into sports because of the crowd and the atmosphere. at home, interest requires a certain knowledge of the sport as well as an emotional investment in the outcome.

i love watching sports both live and at home

• Stadiums offer crappy view
    U mostly can't see what's happening in the field unless it's a game like snooker or tennis
    Plus you don't get to watch the game from different view points and there isn't any close up

• I love sport on TV - You can hear the commentary, see the discussion at half time and see the replays all in the comfort of your own home plus I hate crowds,

• I don't have much choice, the major matches take place far from where I live (about 400km and more), so if I don't watch them on TV I just don't watch them at all. Oh, I'm used to it as well.

• I watch pro football and pro basketball all the time... the strategy involved in sports is what intrigues me the most! :)

• when i see a game in the stadium im normally looking at the jumbo tron anyways. even if you have good seats the cameras get a better angle.

• I have never watched sports. I hate sports and will never like it no matter how much people try to convince me it's awesome.

• yea I watch soccer and becuz my team is a part of me

when they lose I feel like crap
    when they win I feel great

• I LOVE watching football (real football, not the American version). Often it's because teams that I like and follow are playing and I want to watch them play. Sometimes I bet on them too, so it's a good thing to watch how the match is going.

• I watch football (the one where you actually use your feet), mostly German Bundesliga, Champions League and Europa League.
    I also watch Formula 1 even though it wasn't very exciting in the last years.

that's mostly it... if there are big events like Olympia I follow that too but not much. American Football only the Super Bowl.

why do I like it? difficult to explain... I have certain teams I like and where I wanna know how they play, and if I can't go to the stadium then I watch it on TV. also it's entertaining in general... those are the 2 main reasons for me

• i could watch test cricket hour after hour and day after day- love it

• I love watch sports, live or in person. Just something I enjoy.

• I watch boxing on TV and why? Because it's a great sport and I really get animated when watching it, plus I am too poor to afford to watch it in Las Vegas.

• I live for the NFL on Sunday's. No way to explain it, you either love it or you don't.

What Girls Said 11

• I watch football and baseball on TV. It's entertaining if you're truly into the sport. Otherwise, I can see how it can be boring. It's exciting to watch someone on your team score a touchdown or a home run, no matter if you are at the stadium or at home. However, it can be equally as disappointing if your team loses... like both of my teams have done often this year. Either way, I do have to agree that seeing the game in-person is much more exhilarating with fans surrounding you, the music, the sounds, the food, etc...

• if you aren't invested in the outcome and understand the back and forth and tactics and the action onscreen, you'll probably be bored to death. on the other hand, if you are invested in the outcome and do know exactly what each move means, you will be totally glued and fixed to the screen.

• Never, I find it boring as hell.

• No I don't I hate watching sports! I am a liar otherwise.

• The you don't really like the sport, just the atmosphere.

I watch motor sport, athletic sport I find boring. Curling is cool actually, and the rugby on occasion.

• I like watching team sports (football/soccer, basketball, handball etc) and combat sports (boxing, wrestling, kickboxing, MMA etc).

• I used to when we had everyone together/relatives. It was fun getting excited together and teasing the losing team.

• I watch bull riding occasionally so when I see it in person, I know what is going on. Just started watching it so I'm somewhat clueless.

• I watch soccer, football, basketball and baseball it's fun with a couple of beers and the friends and FOOD :P

• just baseball

• Sometimes but rarely