What do you think of Disney princesses with real bodies?

Y'all have been wondering the out come. So here is the video for the princesses. :D

Also here is one of them making the princesses a pluse size look. :D

• Damn the difference!
  • Reality saddens me :(
  • Plus size one is interesting.

Most Helpful Guy

• Seriously, people need to find a new hobby, "bitching" is getting old now.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's different but I guarantee you that if some of them were originally created at that weight, the cartoon would not have had that much audience.

What Guys Said 19

• Walt Disney had a very warped relationship with his mother, and thus became obsessed with this hyper-fantasized "princess" idea that his company still carries on to this day - but SO MUCH of the Disney Princess concept is absolutely poisonous to young women. Almost every bit of the message they send to women is wildly inaccurate and unrealistic - both the expectations of female body image, as shown here, and the expectations of male and female behavior.

Tons of ADULT women (and not just late teens and 20s, but into their 40s) talk about wanting a "knight in shining armor" who will "sweep her off her feet" and "take her away from her real-world problems" where they will "live happily ever after." Or, the short version: "I want the fairytale!"

But life isn't a fairytale, and SO MANY women find a man, get married, have the big wedding they always imagined, and then (THE HORROR!), go back to their ordinary lives of jobs, bills, and struggles, and this is SO different from the expectations she's always had that she gets depressed, then eventually blames her unhappiness on the man (because he didn't give her "happily ever after"), so they divorce, and she can never figure out why she is never happy. Well, that's because she still actually BELIEVES that she deserves "the fairytale" that the Disney movies always promise, and always seem to deliver to the princess.

Disney movies are truly a huge part of the cause for all the confusion and unhappiness in modern relationships...

• the wonderfull "disney princess syndrome". Believing you're a princess and deserve to be catered for just because you're a woman.

• People need to get over it.

I read a ton of comics when I was a kid, but I don't have body issues because of Spider-Man.

static.comicvine.com/.../1595852-spiderman.jpg

• First world problems and nothing else.

• Yeah but that's the whole point they are not supposed to be realistic the kids aren't even paying attention to the princesses figures anyway. Honestly people are making a big PC deal out of nothing as usual.

• It's art, they're not supposed to be realistic. If we're going to change that, then why don't we change all the other unrealistic stuff like princes are guys to drool over and that a girl should be going for the perfect rich prince with all the money and other girls swooning over him. It's just fantasy, otherwise they would be boring movies. And while we're at it, let's remove flying carpets, that's only teaching kids to grab the rug and jump out of windows.

• In movie of magic carpets, genies, talking parrots and sorcerers you're worried about the realism of a woman's body? Talk about a one track victim complex.

• It's stupid as fuck.

• I think it would be a good move to help little girls move more towards body acceptance but maybe on a gradual scale - A total switch in one go might be a bit drastic

• I find it so weird how people go crazy over them. When I was a kid I didn't focus on the body at all. I was more into the stories as a whole. Though I did like ariels hair as a kid. :D

• Ariel the Mermaid was my first crush as a horny little 8 year old, I'll never forget her <3

• I just think it's a bit silly, after all it's a fictional; the characters aren't real in the first place.

When I watch DBZ, The incredible Hulk, He-man, thundercats, tmnt etc cartoons with super build people I don't care about their body image, I just want to see them punch the bad guys!
    38.media.tumblr.com/.../...pdMcFl1qjyuh6o1_400.gif
    media.giphy.com/media/wJcSauzzjSjEA/giphy.gif

• They all were fine, but the overweight Elsa looked a bit unnatural/grotesque. Sure, there should definitely be more body diversity in kids films and fat kids (and the little shits who tease them) should see sympathetic portrayals of people who look like them. I think there should also be more representation of overweight and too-skinny men of every color. In short: films for kids should have cast demographics that are representative of reality. Same goes for adult shows. They're getting a little better about representation now, but I remember when I was growing up there was an abundance of TV dramas are set in places like Los Angeles without a single Latino present... it was strange to say the least. Having Disney films/TV shows set in a weird alternate universe where everyone is skinny is just probably just as weird and alienating to kids now as the lack of diversity was when I was a kid.

• I don't really care what size the waist was

• This country has gotten to damn "PC" its a damn cartoon! People need to Stop bitching already

• Eww... i like em thin and athletic ;)

• Leave our toons alone, dammit!

• Yeah, the original is way hotter.

• Damn the difference!

• I don't think little kids are paying attention to the princess's figures anyway, but seeing them fat is worse somehow it's like justifying being overweight lol. Look at snow white, she's a fat pig so it's okay for me to eat all this candy before I eat my dinner and have my veggies. ahaha

• Does doing things like this actually affect body image? People keep doing this but where are they getting their justification?

What Girls Said 26

• I like the original princesses.. they are cartoons.. they are not supposed to be real.. this argument is stupid..

• this whole thing is just pissing me off. i grew up with these princesses and barbie dolls. i loved them SO much. i'd watch disney movies every day and played with my dolls but i didn't grow up with body issues. to me, these people are making a big deal out of nothing. of course these princesses are going to be unrealistic. THEY'RE CARTOON CHARACTERS. should girls now expect mice to talk and for prince charming to come solve all of their problems? no. as a kid i personally never noticed or cared about the princesses' bodies. you know why? because i was having too much fun in that world of fantasy. i was also around REAL PEOPLE! if you put your child in front of a tv all day with these movies they're gonna turn out to have lots of issues. get your kids to understand that it's just a movie and get them around real people. I don't know how kids are these days but when i was a kid i didn't even know what being overweight was. now that i think back i realize that we did have overweight kids in our class but we still treated them normally. no one really knew or cared. it was just a shape and a size. didn't make a difference to us. maybe if parents let their kids have a normal childhood with other kids (not just an ipad) we wouldn't have as many issues. no one even knew about body issues when i was a kid lol

• People are complaining about these disney princesses and ignoring the pixar movies like The Incredibles, like hello, look at their feet. How realistic is that?
    edgecast.buscafs.com/.../38600.jpg
    Anyway, I think its dumb. Its just an art style, its not meant to reflect reality.

• Honestly, as a little girl... I don't think I even notice body proportions of Disney princesses or Barbie dolls. It never bothered me. Children haven't hit puberty to find those kinds of bodies attractive anyways. I don't think cartoons in general warped my sense of reality, because we knew cartoons weren't real. I would equate it to violence in video games. Most little boys don't turn into violent human beings from all that... video games are seen as make believe.

I did however notice skin color and ethnicity though a little bit. Like my princess jasmine doll was my favorite and I never knew why. I think I thought it was cool because she looks like me and I can look like her. Race didn't ever make me dislike princesses, I liked my favorite personalities. But I guess what I'm trying to say if there's any feature I noticed that is debated these days, it's color not proportions.

• I never thought they looked weird. I'm a feminist but the cartoon body thing is really stupid. Cartoons are characatures. No one sees take up a third of their head either. It looks right when it's in the character though, their waists don't seem small to me, they look like they fit the character.
    It would be horrifying to see someone in real life with those proportions, and it doesn't look right when you make cartoons with normal proportions.

• I would love to see a more full figured and realistic Disney princesses. I thought it was ideal to have a tiny Jasmine and Ariel ( my favorite Disney movie as a child) waist, and again I found it ideal. To this day, I wish my waist my tinier (and I'm average sized). I would love it if Disney created a confident, intelligent, healthy body sized character.

People complain about this being too PC. But it's important to idealize confident healthy female characters. There's so much pressure and garbage pushed down our throats as is. Why not introduce something positive? What's wrong with that?

• I don't think Disney princesses should be modified to an overweight or realistic body figure. They are good as they are. Me and many other girls never felt the need to have the body of a Disney princess. A Disney princess should look aesthetic, plus it's just a cartoon it doesn't have to look realistic. Cartoons should look fun. In my opinion, it's actual people who influence us about what we think about our bodies and what beauty is not cartoons.
    See the difference on princesses Aurora. In the original version Aurora has a tiny waist to appear more like a cartoon, she also has really pointy features. In the realistic version Aurora has a bigger waist, but she still looks like she has a normal body.
    tic. tumblr. com/04a66f8388e4005a4ee274c7988c8641/pu3bwnb/GnDnn08eu/tumblr_static_9l8jaud6i40sgc0wcgo8c0wkc. jpg
    www3.pictures.zimbio.com/mp/rb58Dfx28-kx.jpg
    If people are concerned that Disney princesses will make our girls feel bad about their body image, then maybe they remake these princess movies using the realistic drawings of Disney princesses. I'm not against the original drawings of Disney princesses, though.
    allwomenstalk.com/if-disney-princesses-were-real

• tic. tumblr. com/04a66f8388e4005a4ee274c7988c8641/pu3bwnb/GnDnn08eu/tumblr_static_9l8jaud6i40sgc0wcgo8c0wkc. jpg

• You know, I never ever thought that these images were supposed to be real humans when I was a kid. The difference with me was my parents didn't swamp me with such garbage.

My favourite cartoon when I was younger was Akira. Way better than Disney bullshit.

• I honestly think it's stupid. We all know disney princesses have abnormally small waist lines, we all know it's close to impossible to have that hip to waist ratio, but they're just drawn disney characters, you're supposed to focus on their story not their lack of full-figuredness. I grew up with all these princesses and not even once did it ever cross my mind that they were thin and I was not, at least not until I got older and media started screaming at me I should be offended by them.
    Everyone needs to control their own emotions, instead of putting all responsibility on factors around us.

• Honestly, they don't really look that much different to me. And good on them for correcting characters to look like normal people. If they had just drawn them that way from the start, there would have been zero uproar.

• Doesn't look like much of a difference in the first video if they didn't put the pictures side by side I couldn't tell at all.

As for the obese one it's more realistic but who's going to tellba fairytale with over weight characters?

• ursula is the only overweight character I can think of besides the match maker in mulan. Still as a kid I remember ursula being a badass and I liked her.

• Eh, I think that animation is a fantasy. No one watches movies or TV to see reality because we're all living it. As a kid I never looked at Ariel and was like "OMG BODY GOALS, BETTER STOP EATING FROOT LOOPS". I just saw them as pretty and cool and loved the story and the vibrancy of the animals and surroundings. I think people focus on weird things and blame eating disorders on anything that shows skinny people to kids. I can tell you I'm not affected by disney princess looks.

• That isn't "reality" and shouldn't be considered the norm. Humans aren't meant to be overweight. Our bodies are capable of great things and a lot of us choose to live unhealthy lifestyles.

• Plus size one is interesting.

• when I was little I wasn't focused on how they looked, I was focused on the movie itself.. because my mind was pure and I didn't see people as objects then, so the princesses being really thin never effected me. But if I had the mind I do now when I was 6 then it would've because now, well now the world has got hold of my purity and crushed it, and makes me compare all my insecurities to other girls.

• Forget the fucking disney shit.

BLOW THAT NOSE BITCH!!! (first video)

• Who cares what their bodies look like? Disney isn't showing princesses with great bodies to girls and saying, "You need to aspire to look like this!" They're showing princesses who happen to have great bodies to girls. Also, why aren't people complaining about superheros? Their bodies are even harder to achieve.

• it's such a minor detail
    to me, they just looked liked they went from hourglass to "ruler" body type

• The "realistic" princess looked a little off to me. They only edited their waists and didn't bother to make the rest of their bodies proportional. Also, they barely have any shape to them. Ariel's was the most realistic to me, though.

• I mean cool but... I never once felt pressure to look like a cartoon or a barbie or whatever.

• People need to leave the Disney Princesses alone. What's the difference with the photoshops and the originals? The photoshops have no body definition. The same goes for Barbie. People keep complaining about her body shape and demanding "real" body proportions. One person actually made a "real" body proportioned doll and it flopped.

• the "real bodies" is stupid. they all just became fatter. some women are naturally thin and have hourglass waists. why should that be looked at as a bad thing.

• Any body is a real body, if she's genetically born in that build.

• Everyone gets angry because these Disney princesses don't look like real people and they're not supposed to be. They don't give us bad body impressions, they give us an alternate world to put ourselves in- an escapism.
    These characters have huge eyes, tiny waistlines, impossibly thin arms and legs. The princes have huge broad shoulders etc. Totally unattainable.
    These are the same people who are half fish, ride magic carpets, have pet tigers that they can talk to, have hair 3 times the length of their body. These things are also totally unattainable. But we indulge these fantasies because they are just that, fantasies. Even as children we can define the difference between fantasy and reality- we're just more imaginative!
    It's good they're so wildly out of proportion and unrealistic. Why? Because it makes it easier for us understand that it's not really! If you make these women look realistic, it makes it harder for kids to separate it from reality and when these women are realistic but a different body type (or whatever) to that girl (or boy) that will make them more upset. Because if the young girl develops and is curvy, but her favourite princess role model is skinny and 'athletic looking' that's worse, because it seems more attainable when it's not!
    That's why they should stay unrealistic- so we can remind ourselves from their distance from reality.

• They look fine with wider waists as well, but I don't think it would've made much of a difference in my mind as a kid.

• I think it's a cartoon, why do we have to change it to be "realistic"?