Do you remember your age the firsr time you used the internet and for what?

I was 10 back then and i played some cool games, i think it was a Ben Ten.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was probably eight or nine when I first used the Internet, and it was during school. I was so fascinated by it. Looking back, I never complained about how slow it was to load a page because I didn't know any better, hah. I remember looking at a Yahoo! search results webpage as one of my first memories of the Internet.

Most Helpful Guy

• 97. It was hellish. Windows wasn't the operating system back then. It was ms dos. A black screen with a command prompt. It was like learning chinese. It was about as user friendly as a live grenade

What Girls Said 26

• Oye, it was so long ago, but most likely chat rooms. It was like soooo fun to invite all my friends into a room and just talk back and fourth about school and boys and whatever else. My friend even screen shot and saved some of them back in the day, and they are hilarious to read now as an adult, what we were oh so concerned about.

• it must have been for some research project in primary school. i remember using Word before the internet.
    the first internet games i remember playing were those on miniclip lol.

• The first time I used the Internet was when I was 11 or 12. I used it to chat on MSN Messenger with my friends at school. I also used it to play games on www.mofunzone.com

• I think I was about 8 or 9, on the school computers. The first site I ever used was the Alta Vista search engine. Doesn't even exist anymore - I think they were taken over by either Google or Yahoo. Windows 95, although some of the 3.11 comps could access the Internet.

Internet is so much better today. No more dial up modem taking up your phoneline bullshit, for one. 😃

• I think I was 10 and I visited "Blink 182 online" website or something along those lines. I was obsessed with them back then :3 I used to tell people that Tom Delonge was my father 0_o

• I think I was 13 when I first joined a social network, it was a regional one though so everyone kind of knew everyone - kinda like Facebook in its early days lol :P
    Oh and I used to go online at 11-12 because there was this really cool website that you could connect and play with your tamagotchi 😅

• I saw an American Idol video and this gay guy was humping a bar.. I was seriously so intrigued, I got punished and I was like 5, that was my first encounter on youtube..

• Not the first time I use internet but I do remember the day I got my first laptop.
    I was 11 and since that day I've been crazy with the whole internet thing.

• I was about 12 I think. I mostly spent time in chatrooms... I found one where people would get together to have Yugioh duels. In retrospect most of them were probably cheating but it was still fun. As for the Internet itself I don't really remember what I used it for back then, not much probably, aside from Neopets... and watching animations and junk...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCpjgl2baLs

• I have absolutely no idea... the only thing I can remember doing on the internet while I was young was playing on Disney Channel.

• I used it for chating when AND listen to music video! i was 9.

• I was around 12.. And I was playing a multiple player reversi game on MSN. I don't even know how I got there... I think someone from school told my sister about it, she put it, and I started to play it. .. and I remember I would always say I was 15 years old haha I used to think 15 was old and cool... ... Memories😁😁

• Hahah Ben Ten? OMG, i remember that. l
    Can't remember what age I was. Doing homework *shifty eyes* but really on MySpace (when it was out) ahah

• I think when I was about 5 years old looking for a picture. I remember it took hours to load a freaking picture. We were as a family very progressive with electronics.

• I was 3 or 4 years old back when AOL was still a thing. I was just fucking around on the computer and managed to break 2 of them lol

• Like 5 and it was to play some game that came with the computer. I dont remember the name of the game.

• I played Neopets when I was 10 (?).

• I think I was 8 and it was runescape

• Yeah at 11 I think.

• I think i was 8, but i wasn't interested in internet. I played counter strike on it :D

• I think I was 9 and it was to play dress up games. Typical 9 year old girl.

• I think I was 8 and was on Neopets

• i think i was about 10 on moshi monsters haahahah omg and secret buliders

• Yes. I would only go on funnyjunk. com. i was 11

• I was six and it was to print off little mermaid coloring sheets

• It was probably doing research for school on Ask Jeeves. I also remember my parents letting me play dumb games on shockwave, though I spent most of my time waiting for a page to load, only for my mom to kick me off the internet because "someone might be trying to call and they won't be able to get through." I also remember my dad showing me the hamster dance. All of this was in the 90s. We got our first modern computer with internet when I was around 8, though I know we had used it in school before then.

What Guys Said 27

• The first time I used the Internet was in 1995 when I prepared my father's computer to go online. I was 28 at the time. I don't remember what url I connected to first. There wasn't much of a "there" to the Internet in the early 90s.

The first time I connected to a remote computer using a modem was in 6th grade in 1978. I used a line printing paper terminal connected via an acoustic modem. You had to dial the number of the remote connection and when you heard the modem warble, you shoved the telephone handset into the coupler.
    staff.salisbury.edu/.../decwrit.JPG
    www.computermuseum.li/.../AcousticCoupler-1.gif
    I used the setup to play an early version of Oregon Trail. I think I still have the printout of one of my sessions buried in my stuff.

• It was before the modern day web, like 1978 (my GAG age is wrong--sue me) on dial up. I was just nosing around. I probably used a text only browser and a news group reader to just nose around. Very primitive place but compared to everything else, it was magical, even with NO graphics. Yahoo was the premier search engine at the time.

• Yahoo has been around since 1978?

• I ask because I thought it was started in 1995.

• I was mistaken but I thought the Yahoo (Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle) was around as a research project long before the company was formed. There must have been forerunner indexing sites when the web was just text.

• The first time I used the Internet I was probably a junior in high school, back when the Internet first started, haha. I think me and my friends used the school computers to go on this website called "deathpics96. com", and it was just gruesome pictures of dead bodies, because we were sick fucks and we were all into that Faces Of Death type shit, haha💀

• I don't specifically remember the first time. I was using CompuServe which was an online service ( not the internet though ). They provided what they called limited internet access. I'm guessing that was around 1990-91 which was before the web. So there were no URLs, http, clickable links, graphics, or anything like that. You had to know the IP address or use one of the 20-30 that CompuServe provided. Mostly it was FTP sites on Unix servers. Most of the files were for UNIX, so executables were unusable on a PC.

I was around 44-45 then ( so obviously I'm not now ). I didn't really use it for anything since there was very little there yet. CompuServe had way more useful stuff than the internet. At CompuServe I traded stocks ( E*Trade before they had a web site ), made airline reservations ( the predecessor to Travelocity ), hung out at forums, did email, etc.

• How old are you now then? That's pretty primitive. i guess it must have been hard back then. Thanks god i took birth in the right age.

• I was also on CompuServe in the early 1980's and another lesser known conferencing system called The Source. Communicating was painfully slow with a 300 baud modem.

• @mlts70
      I was using computers back then but not getting online. I mostly just played games then. think my first modem was a 14.4K around 1989-90. I only did bulletin boards at first, then later CompuServe. I was afraid to get online because of security and privacy.

@thegreatone7
      "Was it hard living back then?"
      No. It wasn't any harder than it is now. To be honest, I don't think computers have made life any easier. There are some things that are easier, but overall I don't think it's much easier. I think some things have actually gotten harder and less organized with computers. Mostly I think home computers and the internet are huge time wasters. Even in the office I think they are over rated for most things.

• Pretty young I used to mess around on my dads computer all the time as a kid playing all the old arcade games of course that was back when you couldn't use dial up and the phone at the same time and had to yell get off the internet I have to use the phone lol.

• I can't remember why probably research purposes for info in work - I have a feeling I was in my late 20s maybe around 1995.

• I remembered the first time I used the internet, I played Neopets, Pokemon Creator (no longer exist), Battle On, and Runescape. I played Runescape from 2006 to 2011.

• I used web tv

• Around 15. I don't recall what I tried to look at, all I remember was that it took fucking forever to load the page. It would start at the top and every 30 seconds or so another 1/8 inch of page would get exposed.

• I used google for finding answers to questions and stuff. When I was 8, I thought there was someone who reads what I type in the dialog box and then instantly returns the possible webpages I want to visit.

• No idea when the first time I used the internet was, but I do have memories of playing a teen titans game way back when.

• Dude I have no idea although it used to be dial up.

• I was 32 in 1985 when I joined an online conferencing system called The WELL. It was six years before the World Wide Web was invented, so everything had to be done at the command line. At that time, I was using an Apple II Plus with 64K of RAM.

• I was like 7 or 8.

• Nope, can't remember, but it was probably something for primary school

• Can't remember the age but Fox Kids was still a thing. Used the local library computer so I could go to their website and play the games they were showing on TV, specifically the Digimon game

• Must of been 10 or something needed to do some homework.

• When I was about...15? It was for a school project :D.

• I was 15. I wanted to watch the teaser for Revenge of the Sith using the Internet Explorer.

• 7 or 8 years , to play games lol :p

• Probably porno...

• 6 for raft wars

• 13 I believe

• ya first time i used it was at a local internet shop and i was 9 and i used to play games on miniclip and a site called g9g xD memories

• Yes, I remember when it first came out. (I'm 37 not 24 don't know why but I can't change it.)

Before that we had to dial BBS (Bulletin Board Systems) which was essentially dialing other peoples computers by phone and connecting to a local site on their machine.

• 1983 or so. I was doing some federal taxes with one of the first modems made for home use.

• I think it was 9. It was to search up walkthroughs for my pkmn crystal game.