Let's Talk About Michael Jackson. Good Singer with Low Self-esteem. Plus, I Highly Doubt Those Kids are His?

I've been feeling for years that Michael purposely constantly bleached his skin and change his nose just so he could look Caucasian. I'm not sure of which story to believe that he had a melatone skin problem (a condition where u have white skin patches. Mostly gound in blacks) or the story about his electric accident and it turned his skin white. I do know about his low self-esteem, and I'm pretty sure it got worse because of his physically, mentally and verbally abusive dad. As I'm sure we all would feel rebellious after awhile if our guardians gave us that same kind of treatment. Also, I highly doubt Michael could've produced white kids just because of his constant bleaching of his skin. Your dna cannot be changed.
So, what do you all think about this? Also, sorry for the mumble jumble.

Most Helpful Guy

• His father was always tormenting him as a child about the size of his nose, which was really not abnormally large. His slave driver of a father kept him on a stage so much he never really had a childhood or opportunities to socialize normally, which seriously messed him up. I didn't believe his claim to have had vitiligo, but after his death it was mentioned in passing that he had been receiving treatment for the condition. Apparently the depigmented lesions had been present for a very long time, but had been disguised with a lot of makeup. He probably at some point had his skin bleached so that it would at least be uniform, and since it would have ended up looking like that anyway. His hair later in life was probably not real. Baldness is a thing that happens, and besides his head had been badly burned during a Pepsi commercial gone horribly wrong. As to his children, some biracial children resemble the race of just one parent or the other, not always a mix. And Prince Michael Jackson II really resembles him.
    The whole thing's quite sad, really.

• I agree, terribly sad. Michael II does kinda resemble him...

Most Helpful Girl

• Lets not try to judge people since we don't know them like that.

• You're right, but I'm not passing judgement. He's been interviewed on 20/20 many years ago, and he even talked about how badly his dad abused him.

• :) Well, that's one good way of keeping yourself out of trouble

• Hahah yassss!

What Guys Said 7

• Michael's father was very abusive and controlling, and in order to maintain the control over Michael (the break-out star of the family), he constantly told Michael he was ugly, and that his black features made him unattractive, and that his only hope to make up for it was to hone his talent (which, surprise surprise, made a lot of money for Joe). Of course, this, and his lack of a normal childhood, stayed with him his whole life, and once he had the means to change his appearance (money and independence from his father), he did so. And, yes, that's very sad, and a great example of why such abusive parenting shouldn't be tolerated.

Michael's talent was undeniable, and few ever worked harder to perfect their talent than Michael, but the demons his father left him with never left him until the end.

• With all of the reading of done about MJ, your statement is very accurate in my opinion!

• From the reading that I've done, MJ most likely had an autoimmune problem called vitiligo. That is where the body's own immune system attacks pigment forming cells called melanocytes. Some people with this condition will actually have their skin professionally bleached so it all looks uniform and white. This condition is not uncommon. You will actually see people in public with this condition. // As far as MJ's other issues, others have stated them very well in posts on this thread already. Very talented guy no doubt. Incredible singer and dancer. Sad his life ended up the way it did.

• I kinda of miss and feel sorry for the guy. I felt his life should've gone a whole lot better. :(

• Cool. Thank u for the recommendation

• Well he did have vitiligo. It was confirmed by the coroner who examined his body

• I would agree with the low self esteem argument as far as I know the kids are his via artificial insemination. I think there could even have been a surrogate who became pregnant with his sperm, different woman's eggs in some of the kids - All very odd

• I wouldn't have thought of that

• I have a poster of him in my room, my favourite artist :c

• Great singer but complete weirdo

• Agreed.

• He wasn't a "weirdo" at all though.. he had very debilitating immune disorders and a fucked up childhood where he worked non stop since he was 5. It's very rude to call someone a weirdo and not know their story

• Also, several years dead. Kind of a strange topic of discussion.

• I don't care

What Girls Said 4

• Michael Jackson had the skin disease Vitiligo, even his autopsy report confirms it. Michael was never happy with his looks because he resembled his father and didn't want to see him stare back at him in the mirror. As for Michael's children, his oldest son curiously also has Vitiligo, which definitely raises eyebrows. Not a common disease.

• I think he was a good singer

• I have thought about this too. He was the most talented tragic/sad person ever in my opinion. He definitely had incredibly low self esteem and well the kids thing is a mystery to me as well. But his self hate ran very deep.

• Yeah... it's very sad

• He really didn't have "self hate". He said that later in his life he sometimes didn't like how he looked but he knew that he could help a lot of people and because of that he loved himself

• I would like and pity him more if it weren't for all the child abuse conversations going on :(
    For, despite all his talent and money, he was indeed a pitiful person. Same as his siblings. Janet Jackson also had her nose done.

• Her nose as well as her cheekbones. I remember when she played as Penny on Good Times... she was so adorable! She honestly didn't need to get any work done on herself.

• Well this is very ignorant because those conversations are about things that are false. Just do the research

• @MyNameIs_
      Yeah, just do your research and take your own conclusions. You believe in whatever you want.