Why is it an uncommon phenomenon for females above 30 to be into hip-hop?

Although I’ve seen many males above 30 being into hip-hop…. i’ve seen only one female above 30 being into hip-hop…y’s dat?

Have u ever met any? And if u r female and above 30 do u listen to hip-hop?

• never met any...
  • yes i've met before...
  • i'm a female above 30 and i'm into hip-hop music...
  • i'm a female above 30 and i'm NOT into hip-hop music...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure why but I'm into all types of music and still will be when I'm 30 and above.
    I guess this is common in the environment you live in. This all has to do with exposure and culture what music someone is into.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no idea. Couuld be because women of that age group were brought up to be like 'ladies' and thus hip hopbis un-ladylike?

• makes sense...

• although i don't like "ladylike"... i find it very fake...

What Girls Said 1

• i've never met any

i presume though that a person's taste in music would not have drastically changed from their 20s into their 30s. i like pop, r&b, and classical the most and still do. like Stacyzee said, i suppose i'm just not in that environment where people like hip-hop.

What Guys Said 1

• They have a more mature taste in music at that age. Hip hop is kind of a younger genre, just look at the general message and content featured in most of today's hit songs.

• hip-hop's around since late 70s... it'd not be a surprise to me to see a 50-55 year old person being into it...

• @asker It is what it is. Just because it came around in the late 70's doesn't mean people don't outgrow it.