Why do people get star struck by celebrities?

For example why would they get star struck by a celebrity but not say a random person who teaches maths on youtube who has thousands of hits so could still be classified as 'well known' but not famous/ a celebrity?

0|0
5|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know they shit and fart just like anyone else, except rachel mcadams, she doesn't do any of that stuff.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think because they feel they know them... And because there was so much marketing around those celebrities that they've made their lives so distorted and public, you can't help but feel you have something in common with them - whichever celebrity that might be you believe you 'click' with.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• The same reason shit music is popular. It's not about who you are or how talented you are, it's about how pretty and marketable you are. If a Kardashian takes a dump people will trumpet it as significant, while geniuses are largely ignored. That's humanity for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really could care less if I see one

0|0
    0|0
  • Social status is the ultimate aphrodisiac.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Well... They're a celebrity on YouTube. They aren't well known worldwide for being on TV or a movie but they're still famous in their own right.

0|0
    0|0
    • but I don't understand why I'd get more starstruck by say Kim Kardashian than the maths professor on youtube who has a million views

• Because they look pretty

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't lol. I've met a handful of legit celebrities and YouTube celebrities, and I don't act any different.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they look up to those people and their popular. Their seen as idols for some reason.

0|0
    0|0