How to have a really good house party?

I'm having a house party next weekend and was wondering how to make it really good and memorable? I've never had a proper house party and want people to talk about it after its done! I'm gonna get people to bring their own alcohol but I will probably provide a few bottles of cheap wine and cider and then soft drinks. Between 30/40 people coming. Also I'm gonna have outside available for people so how can I make it good out there? Thanks! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Make them all take their shoes off at the door, then relax and enjoy the party.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Don't announce the venue to your guests until 1-2 days before (even if you know it way in advance)
    2. Supply a lot of drink (make sure you don't run out) Also 2 words: JELLY SHOTS
    3. Possibly hire a photo booth for inside? I almost always use the company called 'the party photo booth' and it provides you with the most hilarious snapshots!
    4. For outside: maybe have some fairy lights (like the colourful ones) up so people can see
    5. Make sure the playlist is something everyone will like and is generally rad.
    6. Maybe you can get some party games going: I'm talking like beer pong, flip cup etc etc.
    7. Provide snacks or like pin up notes on your fridge with numbers for the nearest takeouts (drunk = hungry)

Apart from that, I'd say the no.1 thing that will make or break a pardy is the actual people there and what goes on. If drama goes down, people will def be talking about it afterwards!

What Guys Said 4

• the problem with house parties is you never really know how many people are coming , it could be less or more , often high school aged house parties get way more people than planned for once word gets out of them. so I'd prepare for the possibility of more people than you quoted ( but even 30-40 people is a lot for a house party when considering the size of a house and number of washrooms available/ parking spots available ) . often also neighbours complain to police or parents once they return about these events. so make sure there is places for people to park that won't interfere with neighbours or excessive noise. you also need to keep an eye out for impaired drivers once the party is over and be willing to let them stay overnight or call / wait for a taxi at your place

• I wanna come. Can I come?

Nah, jk. I've been to a fair few. Make sure you've got some good tunes. Have drinking games and you've got loads of rubbish bags for when it's over.

• Right amount of friends, pizza and good tunes

• have anyone djing? make sure you have good speakers too

What Girls Said 1