Can sombody explain to me what Adele's "Hello" song is about?

Wikipedia didn't really help me understand it. What is it about? And video is confusing also.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It's about her breaking a guy's heart that she once really loved. Now She's trying to make amends but it's too late.

What Guys Said 2

• Racism. She leaves a black man for being too hood.

• I think she is talking to the younger version of herself and about whether she met her own expectations of her future when she was younger

What Girls Said 5

• Hello? is it me you're looking for?

• It's about a past relationship that ended badly and she's still hung up about it, whereas she thinks he isn't

"But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore"

• The song is about a past lover and she wonders how he is now since she knows she's hurt him and she's having a guilt trip about it.

• She is trying to get in touch with her ex to see if they can talk and work things out.

• Ugh, no she isn't. She wants to get in touch to be friends because she herself never got closure but he has long moved on. It's about the reality of unresolved pain.

Gosh Sandy!

• My bad, I never took the time to listen to the song completely.

• About moving on... sometimes people carry guilt after a break up and it sounds like she wants to make amends.