Sci-fi fans, help provide some feedback on a fictional character's design?

So I'm working on creating an automaton, and she's got a plasma cannon as part of her arsenal. I'm thinking that means there needs to be a cooling system. Would liquid nitrogen suffice, or would it seem too far-fetched and just not work? Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Liquid nitrogen gets a little complected. Here is my advice. The best Sci-fi is based in reality as much as possible. It makes your story much more believable. Now I have see some pretty cool water cooled guns. Water absorbs a tremendous amount of heat much better than Liquid nitrogen can. How about having her guns attached to her own artificial circulatory system. Only she can fire them without them malfunctioning, and she can use the extra heat generated by the guns to increase her own ability to function during combat.

too weird?

• So water would work just fine? 😂 That certainly makes things a lot easier.

Sounds like a really neat, self-contained system! :D Should've thought to use the residual heat to give her an edge in combat before I laid all the groundwork, ARGH. Now it's kinda hard to change things around, but I'll see if I can stow extra guns somewhere without compromising her aerodynamic efficiency.

• Got it. I think that covers all the bases? I'll be off to do more research so I can fine-tune all the stuff that we've just hashed out. Thanks for everything! :)

• sure thing. enjoy.

What Guys Said 3

• 🤔 well you see the pro ton narrative would have been too exuberant and exudifralic for such nature lol I just typed randomly

• Lol, exuberant aren't we. :P

• I don't even know if any of those are actually words 😂

• Lol, I don't know about alsacornonic but the rest are definitely legit words. 😏

• Cooling liquid and direct air contact are the better ones. I recommend direct air contact, because that would allow for cooler special effects.

• Hmmm. The actual generator for the plasma's inside her body though, then there's her energy core and circuitry... wouldn't that require an internal cooling system? But I'll add some vents here and there for direct air contact as well.

• *high five*
      So, how much of a geek are you?
      Videogames, comics, manga, anime, fantasy, sci-fi, the whole package?
      Or just some of those?

• Sci-fi to only some extent, but the rest? Hell YEAH. Let's move our discussion over to messages?

• Water is good enough to cool nuclear reactors, it will work fine for your handheld peashooter.

What Girls Said 1

• its sound hell of a complicated question... i wouldn't know how to answer!