Need a New Camera. I'm a Film - Major, but my budget is kinda tight. Help?

I am a film major in High School, but my camera is crap bc I've used it for so long. I'm looking into Canons, mostly bc the one I use is Canon, and I've always believed it made better quality films. But I have'nt looked into it much. Lmk what you use, and what you do. (:

I use a digital, and I prefer digital over film. I have always used DSLRs and definitely change the lens, but rn I'm just focusing on the body. I need to have a hotshoe for my flashgun, bc I do take pictures as well, but I'm mainly focused on video quality. I would also prefer to have a LCD that can flip out, rather than up. Sorry if thats too many details.

Mainly want to know what kind of cameras this community has.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am not that well versed in the available cameras, but things you would need to provide info on are: does it have to be a film camera or is digital okay. Does it have to have video (I believe your question says it does)? Do you want a simple camera that has a fixed lens (no interchangeability)? Do you need a long range lens?

Most Helpful Girl

• When you say film, you mean video production, right? If that's the case, Canon has some DSLRs on the market right now that are great for video. Even their Rebels are pretty good. I do pretty much all still photography, in which case I prefer Nikon, but Canon wins (between the two of them) for video. I know you say you're focusing on the body for now, but remember to invest in high quality glass if this is something you're serious about. I never thought that good lenses made such a big difference until I started college and got a chance to try difference equipment.

What Guys Said 1

• If you're serious about it, you should look into a professional camcorder. It may be out of your budget, though.

What Girls Said 1

• I use a Canon T3i for photography mainly but the video option on it is pretty decent too...