Do you think it's racist of Disney not to have Pocahontas on the front of every Disney princess item like the other girls are?

And wasn't Meredith a barbarian princess? And of course Princess Tiana isn't shown as much either. I don't think that's fair.
What're you all thoughts about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think Mulan is underrated, along with Pocahontas. However the movie itself was a big lie. As if the English didn't kill the natives with guns & chicken pox. Pocahontas was a little girl taking from her land & married off to a older white man. She died on the ship. She never made it to wherever they were going. But it was a good movie... A lie but a good movie.

• Yeah, when I found out the movie was a lie, I was a young preteen and very mad at Disney for lying to everyone. Lol.
      Actually she married John Rolfe probably as a young teen, got preggers and had a son named Thomas Rolfe. She became a Christian and changed her name to Rebecca when they were in England. Shortly after, she died of pneumonia or something curable.

• Lol you guys should read the Grimms fairy tale version of Little Mermaid. Its AWFUL

• Oh gawd...

What Guys Said 3

• Those who are looking for Pocahontas and Princess Tiana can still look for an specific items with Pocahontas and Princess Tiana on them, also if Disney was an truly racist then they was not having non-white characters at all. :)

• I think the way she was portrayed is way more racist than that.

• For which princess? Pocahontas?

• Isn't it? It stares into your soul :)
      Yes Pocahontas, it was too romanticized and misleading even for Disney standards especially considering she was a historical figure and not a folk tale.

• You're right about that.. on both accounts. I hate Disney did that, I think what I hate worse though is the fact I really like that movie. Ah well.

• Nope, it all have to do with what consumers will most likely buy more often

What Girls Said 2

• Nope... I think its a bit to PC!

• I don't think its racist, but I think that they have the others more because they are considered the "classics". Cinderella, snow white, the little mermaid... They are classics and are basically their trademarks.