Do you like poetry?

Explain why do you like poetry or why you don't. What's your answer?

• YES
  • NO
I have an intercultural poetry page on facebook, If you would like to joyn it message me. :)
This is my facebook poetry page:

www.facebook.com/movimientopoeticointercultural/

English

Movimiento Poético Intercultural (for its acronym in Spanish: MPI) is a movement that promotes the intercultural nature of poetry.

Poetry reflects the cultural identity of who use it. There may be differences between the different cultures that exist, even though that’s the case, all of them express emotions, feelings, that which characterizes us as human beings and that let poetry be exposed in different cultural context.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I do! I have written many! It helped me a lot with the all the emotions I had going on through high school. Plus, I just like writing. :)

What Girls Said 9

• I love potery slam!

• Would you like to join an intercultural a poetry page I have?

• I don't know...

• Um, I know I am a stranger for you and this might not be the best website to promote my page but It's no spam or anything like that.

• I love it. I especially love poetry that has layers--the kind that you have to read more than once or twice to understand everything that it means.

• Well when I see how people show their love to a girl nowadays, such as "I want to smack that ass ass ass", it surely makes me appreciate love poetry much more.

I love poetry, and not just love poems of course. It makes me dream and it's like words are playing music.

• I don't know why the heck I'm in love with it. I think you can appreciate poetry better if you listen to it, rather than reading it.

• I think its super romantic if your with your lover. Also i love how the words just flow off of your toung

• Yes. I love poetry. Reading and writing it.

• Yeah, I wish I knew more about poetry and that I could be better at writing it too 😊

• Practice make the master!! :D

• Its elegant. I like the author's craft.

• I should do i write it.

What Guys Said 8

• Personally no, i'm the kind of person who is direct with words so I find poems and interpretations to be somewhat long winded or infuriating. Since you clearly are into poetry and write yourself I don't want to be harsh but I find that a lot of analysis and authors descriptions tend to be absolute nonsense or irrelevant to what is actually on paper. I was recommended for English literature at school, but I felt it would have been pointless and went down the path of science and mathematics. I don't find poetry to be romantic or whimsical, no matter what way you word an emotion such as love it all boils down to the same emotion and at best you'll either simply express that emotion or you'll confuse the person reading it and it becomes a moot point.

• I like arts, architecture and history but poetry is something I was never interested in.

• Yes I love poetry. I love reading it and writing it. I think of it like music with words, and obviously there are different genres. I'm not really into erotic poetry, I think thats a little goofy, but I do love some good poetry.

• I love poetry. Poetry just seems likr the closest thing you can get to music without actual music.

• I do like it

• I'd rather self castrate than read and discuss poetry. It's boring to write, a complete waste of time for me since I don't express feeling through words, I'm not artsy fartsy enough to care about all the nuances of it, it's pretentious as shit in my eyes, and it's an extremely feminine hobby in my opinion despite all the famous male poets.

I'm not into things that don't benefit me, and since I'm not an emotional person or a spiritual person, I get nothing out of it.

• I like it. No real reason.

• i can honestly say anyone who just doesn't like poetry period is an actual idiot

• Thanks.

• @Jonny_ i think to dismiss an entire structure of writing as a whole seems against intellectualism yes

• How so? What information does poetry carry that cannot be learned elsewhere and what does it add in general beyond history or culture? If I want a play on words I can go for puns, if I want a variation of vocabulary I can pick that up from many places or if i'm stuck I can look at a thesaurus, rhyming and alliteration is a no brainer and frankly useless in the everyday life of most people. As a creative outlet I could turn to almost anything else. If I wanted I could know all about poetry and the authors but I still wouldn't enjoy it, it is a simple preference and has no bearing on intelligence. Put it this way, in high school the 'smart' people generally weren't found in the English literature classes.