Why are there so many animes with girls half naked, I love animes but I find that a turn-off

• It's not right
  • Who cares...
  • No comment

Most Helpful Guy

• target audience: young males

• Correction: all straight males aged below 40. I've talked with gay, anime-loving dudes and unsurprisingly, the heavy boobage is no less cringe-worthy for them.

• @tellmefantasies Really? I was under the impression Free got hated on so much because it was pandering to the fangirls/ yaoi fangirls at the cost of plot or focus on the sport. Or at least, that's how the accusation went. Hmmm... in what ways would they be 'unmanly'? Dunno; from what I know the anime is just quirky pretty boys swimming in competitions and stuff about friendship.

• @Nachtmeerde "quirky pretty boys swimming in competitions and stuff about friendship." Haha, you got that right. What I meant was that some of the dialogues.. they sounded a bit too girly, and there was more crying than usual.. you wouldn't expect guys to be portrayed like that. But then, that's what makes you think... can guys really not be like that and say things like that? It's a nice poke at what gender implies. I don't remember the first season so much, but the second season had good plot and character development. There was a little bit more drama, and leaning towards slice of life, sure. But it wasn't fanservicing as such. It wasn't lewd, nor unnecessary which I liked. Maybe it was slight moe at times, lol. I bet there are a lot of doujinshi made by fujoshis, haha. But that goes for any series with a good male bonding. Here we saw swimmer's bodies gearing up for competitions at the same time teenagers trying to make sense of their friendships.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• That isn't the worst part in my opinion.. It's worse when the women look underage AF but they have HUGE boobs and it's just a really bizarre inhuman combination. Like they look like children.

• I especially hate the ones where they sexualize the women that literally look like little girls, pedophilia much?

• You are talking about fan service, those are really easy to avoid if you really try. And there are plenty of regular anime out there.
    You dont have to complain and try to censor what you dont like, just avoid it and find anime that you do like.

• Because the Japs are crazy.

• That's what makes them anime

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, I love anime, but I find it really unnecessary for them to do that. I mean, what difference will it make if they gave these girls some decency?

• it's because the Japanese are more accepting of nudity, in part it's just a cultural difference. the more you watch it the more you get used to it.

• Maybe you need to check your anime before watching. Certain gene have that stuff! I have watch anime and they don't have that! Why? Because I read what type of anime it is!

• no comment lmao

• It's called fanservice. They want to sell. But it depends on what you're watching. If you don't like it avoid "ecchi" genre. :)

• It really depends on the anime you're watching but yeah. Sometimes it's unnecessary.

• That is because i watch ecchi anime. Its a genre. There are other genre like shoujo. Ecchi n hentai got pots of nides.

• Japanese people find that attractive I guess...
    Big boobs, small waist, and a plump rear.
    Although, that's only in certain anime. In an anime called Death Note, there are not really any female characters like that.