Martial arts, does it scare guys away?

I took it for five years. I got high up on the ranking system, loved it very much. However I spoke to a couple of guys who never did it and they seemed wary or that's how I took it.

What's your opinion guys that meet girls that are in it?

• Scary?
  • Badass?
  • Hot?
  • It's okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• You may know martial arts but you don't tall and/or muscular, so "no guy wants an amazon" tropes has much less affect in your case, instead it is an waif-fu trope which is far more popular among guys, anyway I don't have problem with both, an as long as the girl the not taller then me, then I am fine, if I was dating an girl who is more muscular then me and/or an girl that have more fighting skills then me, then I think that is would encourage me to train more. :)

"Strangely, as far as this trope is concerned her actual inclination and ability to (sexually) assault, maim, cripple, or kill him aren't as important as whether she looks capable of doing so."

tvtropes.org/.../NoGuyWantsAnAmazon

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WaifFu

Most Helpful Girl

• I took karate for 3 years, it's good to be able to know how to defend yourself when the time comes. If it ever comes that you need to.

What Guys Said 12

• I couldn't care less. The only issue I might have with it is that I am wary of girls who are too much into typical male activities.

• I like sports... but I'm not manly. I also love my makeup and etc...

• Not me, no. In fact, I find it quite beneficial. That way, we both can defend ourselves against idiots. I don't know any myself right now, but I'm certainly willing to learn.

• Martial arts... pfft. I could kick your ass with my boxing skills.

• Boxing? Haha! :) Boxing is cool but Martial Arts is great.
      Kick boxing or boxing?

• Now that's true.
      Give me some proof besides word of mouth than I might believe you.

• Are those the type of guys you would really be interested in any way? Consider it an easy way to quickly weed out douche bags :)

• It doesn't bother me. I think it's cool. What martial art do you practice?

• Chinese kungfu kenpo

• That's cool. I recently took up Muay Thai. Not really a martial art and more of a combat sport but I like it.

• U WANNA GO, BRUH? U WANNA FIGHT, MATE?

• They were probably just disappointed that you train kempo instead of a real martial art.

• kenpo***

• Oh so you can kick a board out of my hand? Scary ;).

• Actually... I'm a little disappointed but I never worked with bricks or broads.
      So smart ass what have you trained in?

• I wouldn't mind aslong your body isn't all muscled up looking like a guy, so unatractive..

• It would turn me on.
    What discipline?

• As long as you don't whoop my ass :)

• I love girls who are into martial arts. That's badass.

• Its hot, plus that means I don't have to defend her, she can kick ass by herself

What Girls Said 2

• i do karate! my bf's just 'yup you can fight my fights for me.' lol and then he told me about a classmate who got beat up by this pro boxing chick a gym, and since has had fantasies of beating him up while they have sex...

• Yeah... I had a guy admit they had fantasies about something like that...

• I think it's pretty badass. I wish I took up martial arts instead of ballet. While ballet is beautiful and pushed me, I didn't want to actually dance.