Who has made better martial arts movies in their careers?

Or

• Jackie Chan
  • Jet Li

Most Helpful Guy

• From a martial arts perspective and as a fan I have to go for Jet Li... he simply is a better martial artist and I love a lot of his films like Fist of Legend and Warlords. My only real issue is that the English films he does tend to be rather cheesy, War, Cradle 2 Grave, Unleashed and The Expendables are all a bit cringeworthy at times but the action is still good. I also love Jackie Chan but his fight scenes while good aren't the same and often are made into more humour his older films were a bit more action and like many people I do love Rush Hour 1 and 2. When it comes down to it I simply recommend watching Warlords as it's amazingly well acted and all the fight scenes are fantastic.

• Seen Warlords, it is an amazing movie. Should watch Jackie Chan in Little Big Soilder and The General i think its called.

• Little Big Soldier is one of the very view ones I haven't seen, I think you're thinking of The Myth? Hard to tell since he's done like 100+ films, but I know he was a general in it.

• Yeah The Myth, thats it!

And Little Big Soilder is a special movie.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 5

• I only watch English movies, so I'd have to choose Jackie Chan. I haven't really watched Jet Li's work too much, since he rarely, if ever, acts in English movies.

• Both are outstanding in their own right. Jackie throws in a lot of acrobatic movements in he display mixed with a bit of comedy.
    Jet Li with his serious and direct approach would indicate he could be much more serious and more dangerous

• Jackie Chan.

• Jet li fearless is my shit

• Jackie Chan. Before Jackie was seen as a funny guy he was whooping people's ass. Jet Li to me is more known as the guy in movie that really don't have much to do with Martial Arts, but he uses Martial Arts.

Jackie really did make Martial Art movies.

• But maybe I just haven't seen Jet Li's Martial Arts movies. I don't know.

• Them Drunken Master films are haaard to beat man.

• So is Fist of Legend, even if it is pretty much a remake of The Chinese Connection.

And Jet Li has played Huo Yuanjia a few times himself, but you are right i love Legend of drunken master with a passion!