Why do Indians think Bollywood is popular?

Why all of you stand by Indians to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is popular. Its the largest movie production industry right after hollywood. They even play in north American theaters. Bollywood actors are plucked to come work in hollywood. They had their award ceremony in united states.

Its very popular around the world

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it is popular. Like obviously and demonstratively. You'd have to be a very special snowflake to somehow think it isn't.

What Guys Said 9

• I don't think it's very popular except for South Asia and Muslim countries because a lot of fucking Muslims work in bollywood and Bollywood is funded by Muslim mafia around the world

• because it indeed is, almost every foreigner i meet knows shah rukh khan and priyanka chopra and amaitabh bacchan and aishwarya rai

• Because it's popular and Bollywood films have more than sex scenes☺

• It is very musical! :D

• It actually is to some degree especially on other countries.

• It is. Over a billion people (the entire population of India) watch Bollywood movies.

• But just India. There is no another country that watch bollywood

• Even if it is just India watching the movies, a billion people is more than enough of an audience for any entertainment organization.

• China is very crowded too but any Chinese doesn't think so.

• it's not, bar desi communities in USA, UK and stuff. but then the studios have money, they should make films Westerners would like and its' not just musicals.

• It is popular in their country and has a reasonable following around the world.

• Where? Tell me who watches f ucking bollywood movies?

• What the hell? Why are you in a crusade against it?

• because its popular :)

What Girls Said 6

• Well I come from Tunisia aka a super small country and people here like bollywood so I guess it's kind of famous

• It is popular in India and within Indian communities, they do seem to assume that Westerners will know Bollywood actors and films though, but it's probably more popular than you think. My friend has been in Bollywood movies, my dad watches them... just you don't know about it that's all.

• It's like Mexicans thinking televisa is popular lol

It's your country, you want to be important in some way lol

Bollywood is kinda popular tho.

• because they are Indians.. and bollywood is in India...

• I guess to them it is, and there are a lot of Indians.

• It's popular in there country and they think it's as popular as Hollywood.