Do you keep a diary?

If so, what do you write in it? Food, health information, academic progress, professional progress, hopes and dreams, secrets, gossips? Is your diary private, or are you open to have readers? Do you just include text, or do you illustrate your diary? What medium do you use to keep a diary - old-fashioned binded notebook or your computer?

• Yes
  • No
  • See results

Most Helpful Guy

• I keep a dream journal to enhance my dreams in the attempt to lucid dream (which is scientifically proven to be a thing and also incredible beyond explanation) and just randomly write down interesting or troubling thoughts I have as notes; I also have like, 2 books worth of notes on book, character, or theme ideas, which I'm not sure I'll ever put together. Although, when I was a teenager I used websites like Xanga and JournalSpace, which was public, I keep all my shit private these days. Purely text.

"Diary" is a pretty emasculating term, by the way, if you were looking for male answers, as well.

And, I use my smartphone. I just use the iPhone notes or some note app on the Android. It's a bitch to organize after I've accrued a LOT of notes, though. Probably something like 500 book pages of notes in my iPhone alone.

• Why is "diary" an emasculating term? How about "diurnal notebook"? How about "personal journal"?

• It just is. It's something little girls keep. Men are somewhat looked down on for keeping a "diary". I have no idea what that word means, but personal journal is fine. Some people would still laugh or mock. Just sayin'. No male answers except for mine.

Most Helpful Girl

• as a child I had an old notebook where I wrote my dreams and experiences that I no one wanted to talk about. Now I have a personal site, blog, where I write only his thoughts and another blog where I keep the story of his life, along with a photo. I really like that. You can even later (for example) 3 years to see how you were and how shredding your inner world and appearance. My blos at http://lifetile.me/ and http://privatediary.net/

• The good thing about having a handwritten, hard-copy journal/diary is that you can add your own doodles in the margins. Marginalia is the technical term for marginal doodles. Also, your handwriting really defines you. The digital format, on the other hand, is really good if you just care more about the content of your experiences than the presentation.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• I used to consistently write in journals for the past several years. This past year I've sucked at keeping up with writing though. It's amusing to reread the stuff I chose to write about when flipping through old journals. I used to write about gossip, drama, things that were pissing me off, and good things that happened too. They're all private, of course! Although my handwriting is mostly illegible so I doubt anyone could easily decipher my words anyway.

• No I have such bad grammar NOPE! I wouldn't understand myself! lol

• I keep multiple for different subjects

• Sorta... more like a thing to write my feelings in when I feel like I am having to much drama with my crush. I dont write daily or weekly I just write when I feel like writing. does that count?

• I usually write in it when I'm mad, sad or bored.

• I used to try and keep one, but I never kept up