Does anyone really think that all this new rock and metal is better than the old rock and metal? I for one don't and listen to bands like Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, and so on. I tried giving all these new bands a chance but I just don't like them. Is there anyway who feels like I do about this or the other way?

• New Rock/Metal is better
  • Old Rock/Metal is better

Most Helpful Guy

• Most old bands weren't good and most new ones aren't either. But you will hear new music even if it's not good. The bad old music has been forgotten so when you listen to old music you listen to just good stuff.
    Also these days even though most people prefer rock/metal music, because pop music is easier to make they've made it so that it gives more money so that they can make easy money. So less people make rock/metal music these days cause they can't make money from it

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• My age often tells others what generation of music I prefer. I like to give a fair shake but I'm much like you I just don't really get into the newer age music

• Old rock is so much better. I think grunge was the last good change in music, and that was 20 years ago. Music is sure going to suck in 10 or 20 years when all the old bands start retiring.

What Girls Said 1

• I voted. I agree I still listen to Alice in chains. I like all the old stuff better. Like, I used to listen to Artic monkeys but have you heard their new stuff? Terrible. Not that it's metal. I'm just saying rock itself.